Author Topic: Help Newbie with New install and image-salsa  (Read 2002 times)

Offline KD7YZ

Help Newbie with New install and image-salsa
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »
Before I knew of this Forum, I bought an agasio IP-Cam for the purpose of streaming weather from my site.  I'm also an NWS Co-op Obs fwiw.

Well, I can see it locally. And sometimes I can see it using a network-cam free-App on my iPhone, but sometimes it times out.

So I D/L image-salsa for Demo .. but it says no devices found ..

However, I am watching the video from the camera at present.

System is Windows-7 64-bit dual CPU

Can somebody step me thru putting the output onto my web-site. I set up port-forwarding to allow testing, here at home, by friends. But I'll put it on the 1and1.com site eventually.

thanks

--
bob kd7yz

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: Help Newbie with New install and image-salsa
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »
Well as no one has answered I will give it a guess. I don't use any of your stuff.

The agiso is an IP cam. It should be connected to your router.  Image Salsa is looking for a web cam on your computer.     You are going to have to tell Image Salsa where to look for the IP cam.    You will probably have to have the IP cam write pictures t6o your hard drive and then have Image Salsa fetch them from there.

Offline johnah

• Loris SC Weather
Re: Help Newbie with New install and image-salsa
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:19:52 PM »
Before I knew of this Forum, I bought an agasio IP-Cam for the purpose of streaming weather from my site.  I'm also an NWS Co-op Obs fwiw.

Well, I can see it locally. And sometimes I can see it using a network-cam free-App on my iPhone, but sometimes it times out.

So I D/L image-salsa for Demo .. but it says no devices found ..

However, I am watching the video from the camera at present.

System is Windows-7 64-bit dual CPU

Can somebody step me thru putting the output onto my web-site. I set up port-forwarding to allow testing, here at home, by friends. But I'll put it on the 1and1.com site eventually.

thanks

--
bob kd7yz

For an IP camera don't use the video feed setup. Create a canvas, then right click it to open the properties window.
Under the Graphics tab in the "Source URL" block enter the source url for the snapshot image produced by your camera, ex. (http://192.168.1.1:/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard). This is for my camera a Panasonic Bl-C140a. You should be able to find this in your camera's documentation.

In the "Source Type" box enter the number 2.

In the "Enable" box put yes. You should now see the image in your canvas.

There is a lot of good information here about using ImageSalsa.
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=94.0

anything