Author Topic: How to connect a WMR968 on MAC and other questions about Windows connection HELP  (Read 2549 times)

Offline lgmmachado

Hi,

Ive just gotta a WMR968 and I cannot make the computer recognize the wheather station.

First I tried on my MAC (MacBook OS X 10.5.6) but nothing at all (guess im still a begginer on this plataform)

After the Mac I tried on my PC with a RS232 USB adapter. The Device Manager shows that theres something plugged in on that USB port (without properly work), which I guess there's no problem with the cable, but it needs a driver to alow the windows xp communicate to the wheather station.

Can you help me to sort this 2 problems out: Solve the connection with PC and MAC.

Would be fine if you also could give me some tips about softwares (better if its free) for both plataforms and my final objective is to show the information online on web.

Regards

Luiz Machado

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
one thing
make sure that the WMR968 is running on AC Power

if its a Intel Mac, then check out Weather Display for the Mac
Latest updates are getting postive feedback from users
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline lgmmachado

one thing
make sure that the WMR968 is running on AC Power

if its a Intel Mac, then check out Weather Display for the Mac
Latest updates are getting postive feedback from users

I found out whats the problem (Windows).... the adapter cable RS232-USB has an eleronic interface and to connect it you have first to install the driver for the cable then after Itīll recognize the weather station. The problem was that the cable came without a driver and I had to find it on web.

But Im still having problems with Mac, but Im guess thats the same as the win issue. If you got any tips please let me know.

anything