Author Topic: Ah... the funeral was nice...  (Read 878 times)

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Ah... the funeral was nice...
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
After a long and distinguished life, my dearly beloved HP S5510f slimline passed away Saturday Evening at 7:48pm EDT.  This gentle, reliable, trustworthy friend operated 24/7 for over eight years, delivering real-time data from VWS, streaming Weather Radio, Three live stream + still uploads from 3 weather cams, and performing several other data and interfacing chores... and it's total downtime can me measured in hours... yearly cleanings, and a few power outages... Hard Working, under-rated, and under-paid... Sorely Missed

After 8 years, it was quite a chore recreating everything, but only lost three days of Almanac statistics... Moving everything from scratch win7 backup to a win 10 machine was a bit easier than I expected, but I DON't want to do it again. It was the details that took so much time, and they aren't 'perfect' yet... this slow brain simply could not remember the various 'tricks' and 'ad-libs' with uploading etc, that he'd put in over the years...
...Thank goodness I had a lot of it backed up...

But the site data is back up, three webcams my late friend supplied haven't been brought back online yet, but the 3 HIKs are up...Now, to re-optimise all my little calibrations... sigh... maybe by christmas... fortunately I remembered some of them.
RIP, old friend.

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
Re: Ah... the funeral was nice...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 11:27:44 AM »
What? No digital durge?
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

anything