Author Topic: Is there a way to email on loss of data?  (Read 1939 times)

Offline vellecadp

Is there a way to email on loss of data?
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:08:16 PM »
I have a Davis VP2 (6152) with a data logger reporting to Weather Display on a Windows 10 machine.  Every now and then, automatic Windows updates knock my system offline when it restarts.  WD restarts, but no data flows.  Is there a way to have WD send me an alert?  I searched the FAQ but did not locate any information.

Thanks!

Dennis

Offline Joel

• PWS Lobbes
Re: Is there a way to email on loss of data?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »
As a workaround, AWEKAS sends an email when they don't receive data from my WD after 2 hours

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »
what do you have to do to get the data to flow again?

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:15:40 PM »
If Weather Display will not do this, Windows 10 has a "Task Scheduler". You should be able to use that to periodically check the time stamp of a data file coming from the logger. When it does not change then send a notification.

Offline jelliott

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 11:44:50 AM »
Joel's mention of an email notification would solve this issue nicely.  How do you set this up?

FYI, it is possible to download frequent Win 10 updates and delay installation and rebooting -- for a while.  This alleviates, but does not solve the issue.  Eventually a reboot will be forced. Getting timely email notification when data stops uploading would be helpful.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »
If not native to WD, this should give you some ideas.  http://www.tobaccovilleweather.com/WeatherlinkEmail.html
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything