Author Topic: www.BeeWeather.com....completely down.  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
www.BeeWeather.com....completely down.
« on: May 06, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »
www.Beeweather.com is completely offline, at least from my work computer.  #-o

My web host is still Godaddy<groan>.

The problem started 2-3 days ago with very sporadic weather-cam uploads, most of the time 0 byte files would be in the weather cam directory (no image) but then every once in a while an image would appear.  This morning the website was accessible but no weather cam image...but it is completely inaccessible now.   I get the "Problem loading page" page title and a "Connection has timed out" notice on the screen when I try to bring it up in Firefox and IE.  Filezilla times out on it.  Ping requests are unsuccessful and time out.

I just went to Godaddy and logged into the beeweather account with no problem.  I was able to see files and view miscellaneous photo images.   But trying to bring the website up via Firefox is a no-go.   :???:

I don't have time to contact GD as I have a meeting in a short while, so it will either be late tonight or tomorrow before I can start figuring this out. 

Any comments are most welcome!!!(as usual!!! :) )

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline WA4TM

Re: www.BeeWeather.com....completely down.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
Well, FWIW at 6:45 EST, Bee weather was up and working fine with FF..  However the web cam has a time stamp of 1:24:26  PM 5/6/15..

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:20:45 PM »
It's a once in a while occurrence for my site being on GoDaddy that this happens.
Do they reboot their servers? Some DNS thingy? Not really sure.

A couple other guys with sites hosted by them have had the same issue.
Not really sure what the deal is or the fix either.
Tony

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:22:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply, WA4TM.  I just got home and I'm finding the same thing happening here...it appears that I've got an issue with the computer at work (which runs the webcam).  The wx laptop here at the house appears to be working fine.  Oh boy ,something else to work on.   :shock:   :grin:

Gotta run for now, will look a little later at things...

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:38:05 PM »
My site is with Godaddy  and I have hiccups here and there  . Building a site for a Co worker that has a car detailing business. Ken didn't mind me using his templetes .

www.penniesforlessdetailing.com

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »
Ok, I got back to the computer at the shop and did a little tinkering.  My setup is a cable modem going into a Linksys WRT54G router running DD-WRT.  I bypassed the router by hooking the cable modem directly to my computer.  I'm able to access www.beeweather.com *and* the weather cam is updating as it should.   ](*,)  Well, at least I've got narrowed down with *something* to do with the router.  :shock:

The sad part is that I have long ago forgotten both the user name and password to get into the router. #-o  But, even if I could get into it it has been a couple of years since I messed with it so I wouldn't know where to start working.  I have been using OpenDNS which I can't even remember "why"...this might have something to do with it.  I think it was to protect the weather cam from being backdoored or something.  :-|  I'm thinking, in regards to the router, to simply reset it to it's defaults and start over with it and the camera as there has to be something amiss with the settings...though I haven't been in there to mess with it.

Something else...  There are three computers on this LAN that run off of the router.  I tried to access beeweather.com via one of the other computers hooked to the router and I got the same "time out" notice.  This makes me think the problem is more router-oriented.

Thoughts anyone???
Thanks!!!!
Ed
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:37:54 PM by Intheswamp »

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »
I never did figure out what was up with the router....but, it's working again.   :roll:

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

anything