Author Topic: VWS Upgrade = No software will be installed or removed.  (Read 4571 times)

Offline cmilono

VWS Upgrade = No software will be installed or removed.
« on: August 26, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
I was attempting to move from XP to Windows 7, so I created a second drive and upgraded the OS on it.  I have 64-bit version with the XP sandbox.  I upgraded WeatherLink from 5.7.1 to 5.9.1 and went to VWS 13.1 to 14.1 - I wanted to use the USB driver rather than the pseudo-COM driver.

It works in Windows 7.  I'm still not quite ready to move on as I have some other issues with W7, so back to XP.

I tried to upgrade in XP.  I got WeatherLink 5.9.2 (notice the .2), and it recognizes the USB port.  I tried to upgrade VWS and it says, "No software will be installed or removed.".  I deleted the Program Files directory and \vws, but it keeps saying this.  I'm stuck with a non-USB version of VWS.  It won't recognize the COM port anymore, so my stations is effectively dead.  I thought perhaps I should install WeatherLink 5.9.1, but I cannot find a copy and have doubts whether (weather) it would work. 

How can I force an upgrade for VWS.

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
Re: VWS Upgrade = No software will be installed or removed.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »
Did you remove the folder "Virtual Weather Station Installer"?  That needs to be removed to do a complete uninstall

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: VWS Upgrade = No software will be installed or removed.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 12:58:42 AM »
  I thought perhaps I should install WeatherLink 5.9.1, but I cannot find a copy and have doubts whether (weather) it would work. 

How can I force an upgrade for VWS.

I am pretty sure I have 5.9.0 and possibly 5.9.1 if you find out you need it

Regards,

Wayne

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything