Author Topic: Need some help, Ken?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline prvrt

• Contributor
  • WL7COQ
    • My Idaho Weather
Need some help, Ken?
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:29:31 PM »
Woke up this morning and I had an email saying WD was not updating. Checked the pc and WD was running, but not doing anything. I restarted the pc and WD and nothing, just sat there. After a while I noticed it would show the temp and was showing some data from logger. So I decided to update WD since it has been a while. Installed 1037r build 81. Started with the new exe file of weatherdisplay.exe and things looked different. Watched and waited, data started to flow, temp was showing even tho the graphics were all messed up, but no wind data and nothing was uploading to the internet. Got looking around and everything is reset, no server info, passwords, dir, custom files I had set, nothing, everything is gone. I got WU to start uploading after I set it up, but my website had many custom pages and files and I have no idea where to start. I have the main ftp swith on, correct info for my server now, but have no idea where to go now. Ken, you helped me set this up before. I think I have everyhting uploading now except the I believe there were 3 files that had to be uploaded and renamed and I can not remeber what they are. On my website now it shows nothing has been updated since 10:17am. I am sure it has something to do with the testtags and the clientraw files. Any help would be appreciated.

If you have time, my Earthquake page has not worked for months since I updated and can not figure that out either.

www.myidahoweather.com
Davis Instruments 6163-Wireless VantagePro2 Plus w/wireless Anemometer, Software = Weather Display
Blackfoot, Idaho

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: Need some help, Ken?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 10:40:39 PM »
It looks like you are running the latest version of quake-json.php (v1.08). I would suggest changing the distance to something like 500 or 750 miles. It may be there weren't any quakes within 200 miles of Blackfoot, ID. See quake-json.php line 53 (or thereabouts) and change it to read as follows:
Code: [Select]
  $setDistanceRadius  = 500;  // same units as first unit in $setDistanceDisplay
As for your other issues, I can't help you.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline prvrt

• Contributor
  • WL7COQ
    • My Idaho Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 10:43:24 PM »
I have tried that many times. I am within 100 miles of Yellowstone which has earthquakes daily. The error I see is

"Warning: json_decode() expects at most 2 parameters, 4 given in /home/content/r/o/b/robbdl/html/quake-json.php on line 374
No earthquakes of magnitude 2.0 or greater within 200 mi reported in last 7 days."
Davis Instruments 6163-Wireless VantagePro2 Plus w/wireless Anemometer, Software = Weather Display
Blackfoot, Idaho

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »
Sorry I can't help with your issues, but by your posting you have helped to resolve a mystery for me.  Looking at your profile location map triggered me to Google about those circles in the fields that I have seen from my flight above the northern US farmlands, and now I know https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_pivot_irrigation

Paul

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
Sorry, you'll have to wait until Ken responds or send him a PM and ask him for some help. He'll probably be able to determine what the issue is with some debug settings.

-73-
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline prvrt

• Contributor
  • WL7COQ
    • My Idaho Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 11:00:01 PM »
I have managed to get the clientraw.txt files uploading now. Problem now is clentrawhour.txt and clientrawdaily.txt update every min instead of on the hour and daily. Not sure where these come from. Testtags.php does not seem to be uploading reliably. I can click test and it will upload. I tried to set the testtags.txtx to upload as testtags.php, but then I get an error on line 552 or something like that.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:28:49 AM by prvrt »
Blackfoot, Idaho

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 01:13:32 AM »
The problem with the earthquake display is due to your PHP Version: 5.2.17 -- that version wouldn't handle the decode of the JSON file reliably.  If possible, use your control panel for your website to use PHP 5.5 (or at least 5.4) and the JSON decode should work again.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline prvrt

• Contributor
  • WL7COQ
    • My Idaho Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »
Working on the PHP. I upgraded it to 5.3, but I do not have the option for 5.4 so I am waiting on Godaddy to get back with me as they do have 5.4.

I can not seem to get certain files to upload correctly.  The list includes:

clientrawhour.txt
clientrawdaily.txt
Those 2 files are updating the same time as the clientraw.txt file which is every min. They should only update once an hour and once a day.

recordextra.txt
This file is not updating at all and have no idea where to get it.

My testtags.php file will only update when I use the "test" button.

I think I have the rest working.
Blackfoot, Idaho

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »
Back to the problem with wxquake.php -- your PHP 5.3.27 will decode the JSON from the USGS, but you'll have to modify the quake-json.php script since it's getting an error
<b>Warning</b>:  json_decode() expects at most 3 parameters, 4 given in <b>/home/content/r/o/b/robbdl/html/quake-json.php</b> on line <b>374</b><br />

Change quake-json.php from
$quakeJSON = json_decode($content,true,512,JSON_BIGINT_AS_STRING);
to
$quakeJSON = json_decode($content,true,512);
and the JSON decode should work... however, it may show the incorrect dates due to a bug in the PHP itself for handling big integers as a string (that was why the third argument to json_decode() was done.
The best solution is to leave the quake-json.php unmodified, and update PHP to PHP 5.4+

Regarding the other issues about uploading the data, I have no additional advice to offer than to check your FTP userid/password and file upload path in WD, and check the WD FTP log for errata.

Hope this helps...
Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline prvrt

• Contributor
  • WL7COQ
    • My Idaho Weather
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 10:26:46 PM »
Thanks Ken, Quakes is now working.

As far as the other issues, I understand.
Blackfoot, Idaho