Author Topic: Periodically losing settings  (Read 1419 times)

Offline rbrocaw

Periodically losing settings
« on: March 15, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »
I am set up on weatherlink to upload to wunderground.  Every once in a while, I get a message from wunderground saying my station is not reporting.  When I look at the weatherlink upload page, the checkmark for wunderground has disappeared.  I recheck it, and all is well.  This has happened four times in the last six months, with the most recent occurance this morning at about 7am MDT.  Anyone have any idea why weatherlink drops my upload setting?

Thanks
Richard

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Periodically losing settings
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:49:05 PM »
Woahhh! You're the second person in 2 days reporting that problem: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28966.0

What the heck???

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »
Just for clarity - this problem is with WeatherLink.com - not with WeatherLink software running locally on a PC.  Right?

Offline rbrocaw

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »
That is correct.  Problem is with the web site.  All local hardware is running fine.
Richard

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 03:44:10 PM »
That is correct.  Problem is with the web site.  All local hardware is running fine.
Richard

What does Davis have to say about this?  (I presume you have informed them)

Offline rbrocaw

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »
Actually my first thought was to post the problem here... I have just sent the question to Davis.  If they have an answer I will post it to the forum.
Richard

Offline Sawdust

• 2 miles east of Dundee, MI
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 09:45:20 AM »
This same issue has happened to me several times over the past year or so.   At first I thought it happened when we lost power (and internet connection), and Davis was not getting data from my my system.   But twice in the past 24 hrs it did it again (and we had power and internet the whole time).     WU sent me the "error in your data" email, I visited my Davis site and sure enough, the check mark was gone.   I checked the WU box, hit the "Update Settings" button and everything was fine again.     

Offline rbrocaw

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 02:05:06 PM »
I received the following explanation from weatherlink today.
------------------------------------------------------------
This will happen if we lose connection with WU and we do not catch it (usually this would happen when their servers are down or unreachable). When we do notice this, we will try to automatically reconnect these setting.

The reason this happens is that the WU server may not acknowledge our login attempt or it may fail. If we see a failed or unsuccessful login too many times in a given period, we will then uncheck the box. This has been down for both performance and security reasons.

It may become unchecked again. Currently WU is having issues with one of their servers. Please be patient.

anything