Author Topic: Additional Temp/Humidity Sensor for Wired VP2? If not, good alternative?  (Read 285 times)

Offline NathanF

Hi All,
My VP2 cabled version has been working great for years now. Recently, I decided I would like to monitor and log the temperature and humidity of our attic. We're dealing with venting issues and discoloring around vents, likely due to moisture build up. What I would like to do is get a few months of baseline logging, then do some upgrades and measure if they actually improved things. From then on, it would be nice to monitor things to make sure the levels are what they should be year round.

Anyway, I use my cabled VP2 with Cumulus, the original version not the new web based one. (I can switch if necessary) Is it possible to add a wired, secondary temp/humidity sensor to a wired VP2? If so, is it possible to use Cumulus (or maybe something else) to log that sensor over time?

From my research it seems like all the extra sensors are wireless, so I suspect I may be out of luck. If that is the case, could someone recommend a cost effective unit to record temp/humidity over time to a PC? I can easily setup a VM to run another Cumulus instance or other software.

Thanks for your time and thoughts!