Author Topic: Help with WLL Wireless icon  (Read 1845 times)

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Help with WLL Wireless icon
« on: July 12, 2019, 02:52:00 AM »
Please see attached... For the past 24hrs or so I been having intermittent connections with my WLL APP Displaying "Unable to connect" Today I found that it has a wireless icon crossed under settings and displays a connection error (See attached pictures) The only issues is that i can see live data and also I can see the last update as well.

Any ideas?

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Re: Help with WLL Wireless icon
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:55:07 AM »
I cant upload the third image that shows that is working on the app. The server wont allow me.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 03:10:15 AM »
Difficult to tell for sure without being there, but looks like your WiFi network and WLL are not talking reliably to one another. Have you tried simply re-rentering the WiFi credentials on WLL? Or is it possible that the WiFi signal is a bit weak at the WLL location?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 03:12:20 AM »
Difficult to tell for sure without being there, but looks like your WiFi network and WLL are not talking reliably to one another. Have you tried simply re-rentering the WiFi credentials on WLL? Or is it possible that the WiFi signal is a bit weak at the WLL location?

I am using ethernet not wifi. I have tryed wifif just for shit and grins and is the same issue.
Is uploading data without an issue to my understanding...
from the WLL Cloud:

07/12/2019 2:00 AM   29.69   29.69   29.69   29.69   84   84   84   43   43   40   59

----

Offline Sesulak

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »
I got the same error today. Data is uploaded, but I cant see temperature data in the app on the meteostation's detail page. Moreover I cant connect to the WLL via Bluetooth. Tried two phones.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 12:47:35 PM »
I got the same error today. Data is uploaded, but I cant see temperature data in the app on the meteostation's detail page. Moreover I cant connect to the WLL via Bluetooth. Tried two phones.

Power off and on (make sure you take out the battery's after disconnecting it from the power)
I still have my issue. Is working as expected but that error still in the app.

----

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 07:09:26 AM »
Hello,

Since yesterday, I have exactly the same problem.
The data is well communicated in the cloud and visible from the Internet page. But since the Android application, no data.
By cons I can interrogate my WLL Station every 10 seconds with the good data.... ](*,)

Offline Sesulak

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 07:14:35 AM »
Hello,

Since yesterday, I have exactly the same problem.
The data is well communicated in the cloud and visible from the Internet page. But since the Android application, no data.
By cons I can interrogate my WLL Station every 10 seconds with the good data.... ](*,)
My data are all displayed in Android app since this morning. It didnt help restarting WLL. It looks that Davis is doing something with servers which has impact on in-app data in phones.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 07:16:52 AM »
Yes, looks very much like a bug at wl.com that was rectified yesterday. Problem solved AFAICS.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 09:02:21 AM »
resolved ?? not for me I always have the icon device reboot done yet  :idea:
fto

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 12:38:25 PM »
Problem not solved!!!
Even after a reboot (remove the batteries + power supply).
By cons lost the annual total of the rain and the current month. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Really not very stable!!!!!!

(I submitted several problem in the application on Android:
- Rainfall, wind direction, temperature in Live mode and 1 minute mode are not the same?????
- The number 20 appears on the map where my station is, and yet there is only 1???

Still no resolution and answer. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,))

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 02:34:41 AM »
Problem not solved!!!
Even after a reboot (remove the batteries + power supply).
By cons lost the annual total of the rain and the current month.
Really not very stable!!!!!!

+1 with me I confirmes no resolute and for the rainy yes after a reboot of the device i had the same surprise besides with datas completely incoherent compared to my two stations  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 02:54:44 AM »
@Chiky33 & bianconero: The particular problem that was affecting multiple users from around Thursday has been resolved. You two seem to have other issues.

@Chiky33: Why would you expect the live and 1-minute data to be the same? The live data updates every 2.5 seconds so it's always likely to be the case that wind speed & direction are potentially going to be very different between live and 1-minute, while rain and temperature might be at least slightly different.

@bianconero: You appear to have a different issue again but sorry I can't understand the details of your problem - maybe someone else can? I did ask what CIMA (the French Davis distributors) say, but AFAICS you didn't answer this.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 04:55:28 AM »
@johnd
simply by reading the @ txweather.org post I had the same concern so I performed a reboot of the device and again the pluvio month / year was reset (to confirm the misadventure of @ Chiky33) ; the icon is still present in the "network settings" and if I do a test mode, error message "X last updated"

2. my problem is always the same one ie the inconsistency of RAIN reports on the WWLive application when two stations are configured under the "device configuration" CQFD
finally to answer the last part, and for info. my reseller (not located in French) also directly raised the malfunction in DAVIS there is more than a month now ... and still no answer   :evil: :evil: :evil:

Regards
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:00:51 AM by bianconero57 »

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 05:01:06 AM »
Hello,

It seems to me that you really have trouble understanding and yet everything is clear from then the beginning !!!!

1st problem:

- The total rain of the year and the month must not change between the "Live" and the value to one minute.
I have a difference of at least 100 mm between the two modes.

- In "Live" mode the wind directions are different between my two consoles Vp2 + and Vue with my 2 anemometers.
The values ​​on the consoles are at 2.5 seconds so the values ​​must be the same. And the proof is that since the Weatherlink API
the values ​​are identical.

2nd problems:

- On the map of the Android application, where my station is, I see 20 stations despite the zoom, and I'm the only one in my neighborhood.

3rd problems which is the worst:

- Since Thursday more data about the Android applications in 1 minute mode and Live:

- Temperature, rain, Thsw, Uv, solar are out !!!!!!!
Despite a reboot, with the folds and AC disconnected. In addition this causes another problem of total annual and monthly rain loss !!!!

Now we have to stop saying that the problem is different with us and that it is solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is always the icon with no network, and can not reconnect, in bluetooth.

Now, we have to take the problem and look to solve !!!!!!!

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 05:07:27 AM »
They have grown a lot in the last few years and I assume the help emails have also grown  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 07:17:34 AM »
I can confirm that this is still a problem.

----

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 10:50:38 AM »
WLL Just updated. Still the same issue.

I emailed support. Something is broken and we dont know what it is. Is it the app? The WLL?, etc....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:56:32 AM by txweather.org »

----

Offline bianconero57

• Contributor
    • Valdefensch@57
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 10:57:02 AM »
@txweather  :?: "WLL Just updated" =>  how ? thnx
please report here from Davis' answer  [tup]

edit_
I just chatted with the suport Davis
not responsive the service  :-P
short

(...) i think it has to do with some update we just did, so i'll report the issue
yeah, the red icon is just misleading, but i will report it and see if it can be changed (...)

and all that for 1 week  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:32:03 PM by bianconero57 »

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 05:15:46 PM »
To All,

I just got word from Davis Tech Support and they confirmed that it is a known bug and their software engineer is working on the issue.

----

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 01:28:49 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for the news. [tup]
(On the other hand, no news from Davis support for me …)

Have a good day.

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 02:45:15 AM »
Hello,

Do you have news of Davis support?
Soon 1 week that I sent the log of the mistake, and no reaction or message from them ...
In my opinion they have dropped, since it does not affect everyone.
Delete all?

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »
Hello,

Do you have news of Davis support?
Soon 1 week that I sent the log of the mistake, and no reaction or message from them ...
In my opinion they have dropped, since it does not affect everyone.
Delete all?

No news yet.

----

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 06:01:52 AM »
Hello,

Soon 1 month ... I never received a message from the support that the problem was taken into account. To believe that there are no problems ...
If at least, the support could send a procedure to redo the connection between the WLL box and the account on the Cloud, or delete the account and redo it.
I am a little disappointed with the lack of support for a problem that affects some people. I bought the box just to have my Live data on my smartphone and I can not even use it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 08:16:56 AM »
They acknowledge the wireless icon issue as a bug and now awaiting an app update.

----

anything