Author Topic: Communication Error  (Read 2779 times)

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
Communication Error
« on: November 25, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I am having communication problems between the console and the Weatherlink software and it seemed to happen while I was viewing my weather station online?.
I had the Weatherlink software still open while I was online, maybe this caused a conflict?.
I have checked my Ethernet cable connection between the console and the router and it seems o.k.
I clicked on the second button from left in the software to download from my station but it does not seem to be making any difference?.

I hope some clever person on this list might have some ideas to correct this error?.

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
Re: Communication Error
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:12:50 PM »
I found the correct information how to fix this problem in the WeatherLink manual which said to cut power to the router and the console with the data logger still attached.
Then restore power to the the router.  Then wait about a minute for the router to reset itself. Then re-power the console check that the green light is on with data logger
For the console hold down the DONE key to exit setup mode. Then check that your My Weather page is currently being updated. The help file in the software was confusing and not as
helpful as the WeatherLink printed manual.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
Thanks for the report.  It will help other folks in the future.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 04:09:47 AM »
The help file in the software was confusing and not as helpful as the WeatherLink printed manual.

Well, the Help menu option is obviously more to do with using the software rather than issues with the logger hardware so the printed installation notes are I think where Davis expects you to look. But don't forget that there are other self-help resources online too, eg IP logger issues are covered in our Davis KB starting at:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/weatherlinkip-issues

You'll see that rebooting the logger is there as the first troubleshooting measure on the list.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything