Author Topic: Why no wh3080?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Why no wh3080?
« on: April 18, 2017, 08:41:27 PM »
Curious why Ambient isn't selling a WH3080? It is the only station besides the all in one that you can buy with solar light/UV on it... I can't even find one anywhere else either. With the WS2080 no longer for sale, a replacement other than that 2095 would be a good idea, since that one is rather poor. I am interested in the light sensor, but the Excelvan / Tycon Powder models do not work with cumulus or meteobridge from what I understand...

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Why no wh3080?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:17:25 PM »
Bumb. Anyone? Doesn't anyone want a station with a solar reading/UV?

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:51:05 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. I hope sometime this changes. I installed an Excelvan WH2310 on the roof of a car wash I work at and can't send to Wunderground because of how unstable the computer Interface is.

Hope Fine Offset does something about this.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 11:45:37 AM »
I was close to buying the Excelvan at one point, but found out it doesn't work with Cumulus or meteobridge since the display USB data output is so much different than other fine offset clones. The WH3080 does work with Cumulus and Meteobridge. The display is slightly different in design.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
I've read the reviews on Amazon for the Excelvan WH2310 and in the comments different people have reported to have successfully used it with Cumulus  and Weather Display. From reading the comments I found a person saying that the trick to use these other softwares is that the Weather Smart be running in the background.

I think the display on the WH2310 looks much nicer than the display on the WH3080. Besides the display differences I think they are the same unit. So I think the WH2310 is the better choice. I don't have experience with either one so I'm just going on what I've researched and deduced. If anyone knows better please share. I'm about to buy the Excelvan WH2310 very soon.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »
I was wondering the same thing. I hope sometime this changes. I installed an Excelvan WH2310 on the roof of a car wash I work at and can't send to Wunderground because of how unstable the computer Interface is.

How extensive have you trouble shot the instability? Could it be the computer and possibly conflicting software or competing system resources? Do you have dedicated computer or is the computer serving for other uses? And how about signal strength, interference and reception from the weather instruments?
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »
Galfert,
I'd be interested in verifying the weathersmart cumulus compatibility. Any other information please let us know. I might get one too.

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »

How extensive have you trouble shot the instability? Could it be the computer and possibly conflicting software or competing system resources? Do you have dedicated computer or is the computer serving for other uses? And how about signal strength, interference and reception from the weather instruments?
I did research on the problem and read that the problem occurred when the receiver logged data while receiving data from the outdoor sensors and the logger and current data cancel each other out. I also read that the fix is to set the logging interval to 10 minutes or longer. I did this and haven't had any problems since. Station's been running for 10 days now without issue.

There was another issue with Weather Display where the software was rejecting data packets with UV index values above 8 according to Brian. That problem was fixed in the latest build.

Everything is working fine now. No more problems.

You can view my data here

CWOP http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=FW1101&last=240

Wunderground https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXMCKIN184

PWS Weather https://www.pwsweather.com/archivewx.php?id=TCWZWX01&d=20170604&t=week
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:18:11 AM by Skywatch »
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

anything