Author Topic: Welcome to the Dream Machine area!  (Read 7767 times)

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Welcome to the Dream Machine area!
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
I made this area for discussions and updates for WxTech's Dream Machine weather station. It's a WxForum-unique project and deserved it's own area.

I also moved the original thread here.

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
Re: Welcome to the Dream Machine area!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »
Thanks Chris.  This board title inspires me to go to work on the Dream Machine.  I'm just the Instigator.  Others please work on this idea also.  I love competition.  You can go in any direction and end with a Dream Machine.  I'm using an Arduino Uno as the processor data logger and Internet interface.
I will work on a wireless version that indicates only temperature and rainfall.  Other functions can be added later.
Al
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Re: Welcome to the Dream Machine area!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 02:33:59 PM »
http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=22dbb473b45929f14710b68993f99d87

You can find just about anything your looking for here at great prices. I like what your doing. Hopefully I can become a frequent customer if you sell any of your items.

An example of what I'm looking for, a station that can measure temperature humidity and sunlight in a future veggie garden I don't want to relocate my VP2 ISS and the VP2's solar sensor needs the best exposure I need something else to setup in the garden to individually measure those parameters. and if possible it can be expanded with soil moisture soil temperature and leaf wetness sensors.

http://www.specmeters.com/WatchDog_2000_Series_Mini_Stations/WatchDog_2000_Series_Mini_Stations.html Something like this.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

anything