Author Topic: Interfacing PWS Weather with MADIS  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Interfacing PWS Weather with MADIS
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:34:38 PM »
I know you can do this on Wunderground by putting, "APRSWXNET" city then state. I'm not as famular with PWS Weather like I am with Wunderground. And my software program WSDL only allows for Wunderground and CWOP uploads. And some stations that are MADIS listed stations can report to Wunderground through MADIS. But I have tryed this on PWS Weather and no luck. They seem like identical networks, but then again they are a little different. I need to know is there is anyway I can tether the data to PWS Weather.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Interfacing PWS Weather with MADIS
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »
I know you can do this on Wunderground by putting, "APRSWXNET" city then state. I'm not as famular with PWS Weather like I am with Wunderground. And my software program WSDL only allows for Wunderground and CWOP uploads. And some stations that are MADIS listed stations can report to Wunderground through MADIS. But I have tryed this on PWS Weather and no luck. They seem like identical networks, but then again they are a little different. I need to know is there is anyway I can tether the data to PWS Weather.

Different software has (have?) different capabilities.  I use WUHU.  It sends to CWOP, WU (with optional rapidfire), PWS, AWEKAS, and weatherbug.  Search around and see if any match what you want to do or fit your budget.

Good luck!

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Re: Interfacing PWS Weather with MADIS
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »
I tryed to download WUHU and the screen just flashed. Nothing. No downloads or anything. My computer can be a pill sometimes.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

anything