Author Topic: Outside data not displayed - VP2  (Read 331 times)

Offline GEL

Outside data not displayed - VP2
« on: December 09, 2018, 11:14:47 PM »
In the process of changing laptops, I had my VP2 console power source unplugged from the wall and changed the batteries.  When I put it all back together, I ended up with no data being displayed for wind, outside temp, or outside humidity, with "----" where there should be numbers. :)  Incidentally, I'm getting a blinking "X" in the LR corner (indicating data received), with the proper station number also being reported.

BTW, if I step thru the TEMP button, the current outside temp shows up where you normally read inside temp.  Where in heck did I go wrong?  It appears the console is receiving valid outside data, it's just not displaying it.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
Re: Outside data not displayed - VP2
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 04:47:19 AM »
In the process of changing laptops, I had my VP2 console power source unplugged from the wall and changed the batteries.  When I put it all back together, I ended up with no data being displayed for wind, outside temp, or outside humidity, with "----" where there should be numbers. :)  Incidentally, I'm getting a blinking "X" in the LR corner (indicating data received), with the proper station number also being reported.

BTW, if I step thru the TEMP button, the current outside temp shows up where you normally read inside temp.  Where in heck did I go wrong?  It appears the console is receiving valid outside data, it's just not displaying it.
Double check that the "proper station number" is set up as an ISS, it sounds as if the console thinks it is an extra temp station.

My guess is that if you have the station ID for your ISS as something other than "1", then the console reset it to "1" when it was repowered.  There can only be one ISS.  If I recall, it doesn't normally reset when power cycled, but I usually leave it plugged in when changing batteries just to help make sure it doesn't lose data.

Offline GEL

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 06:51:42 AM »
You nailed it, thanks!  I don't know how I missed it when I stepped through the setup... may have accidentally changed it myself during the step-through.  It was only unpowered for a couple of minutes, everything else was still properly configured, setup-wise.  Thanks again.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 01:21:04 AM »
Glad it's working.  :grin:  No telling how it got changed.  Usually it may be operator error, but sometimes I think electronics just like to mess with people, or Gremlins are evolving with technology.

Welcome to the forum!

anything