Author Topic: Missing rain data  (Read 337 times)

Offline ActonAstro

• ActonAstro
Missing rain data
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:58:38 AM »
I have a Vantage Pro 2 and Vantage Vue console both receiving data from a Vue ISS. The Pro suddenly stopped showing rain data, the Vue is showing it correctly. Yesterday I received 1.51” per the Vue, but nothing on the pro. All other data is showing correctly on both units. Any ideas on what the issue could be? The Pro is the one connected to my PC, so I need it to be correct.

Also, I had the idea of moving the logger over to the Vue console, but when I do that the Vue says “Incompatable Logger”. Do they not use the same model?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Missing rain data
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
Also, I had the idea of moving the logger over to the Vue console, but when I do that the Vue says “Incompatable Logger”. Do they not use the same model?
The logger is the same for VP2 and Vue but likely you have this issue http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=30152.msg297377#msg297377

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Ajward7976

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »
My suggestion would be a console reset.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:59:28 PM »
Sounds like the Vue console is new enough that it needs a green dot logger, which you don't appear to have. Are you sure that the date/time is set correctly on the VP2 console?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ActonAstro

• ActonAstro
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »
It turns out the reboot that was done while swapping out the logger fixed the issue, it recorded .01” Saturday from a heavy dew, same as the Vue. I’ll see what happens during the next rain.

anything