Author Topic: Wind chart smoothing.. Is it possible with wundeground?  (Read 730 times)

Offline fun2kite

Wind chart smoothing.. Is it possible with wundeground?
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:13:42 AM »
Hi All,

I have a PWS which I recently bought and I successfully upload data to wunderground.  My station is on the roof and probably not high enough from the top to get very clear wind, but it is the highest point on the roof. My wind readings are up and down and wind direction is shifting a lot (maybe because of the turbulence on the roof? ). My wind chart looks really crap (attached).
But I was hoping that wunderground would actually "smooth" the data (ie: compute some moving average instead of displaying some raw snapshots every whatever number of minutes . I think it is every 5 mins for charts? 

I don't see any options on my weather station menus to smooth the data, nor do I see any option for smoothing on the wunderground my station config page. Can you please take look at the chart and tell me if what you see as wind chart looks normal to you?  and if not, how can I fix it?  ( I can't put the station higher due to regulations of my condo) I attach the picture of the station as well and you can see it is as high as ti can be..

this is a link to my station: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISINGAPO215#history

Thank you for your help.
-D

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Wind chart smoothing.. Is it possible with wundeground?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »
Does the anemometer turn smoothly, or is it stiff? Some have reported poor results with the starting of this model.

anything