Author Topic: RainWise Contacts? 0 - Humidity Trouble shooting?  (Read 4018 times)

Offline WVZR-1

RainWise Contacts? 0 - Humidity Trouble shooting?
« on: October 28, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »
I've reached out to Richie Cohen and I get a response from my email software that the email addy I have used in the past can't be delivered. Is Richie maybe no longer with RainWise?

Anyway I have a MKIII, using an IP-100 and an older Weather Oracle. The station has reported 0 Humidity for a very long while. What do I do to troubleshoot this issue? I thought it might be an easier ask than sort through all of the .pdf files I have.

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: RainWise Contacts? 0 - Humidity Trouble shooting?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:04:47 PM »
Richie I believe is gone.

New service POC:

Ralph Rumill

ralph.rumill@rainwise.com
RAINWISE INC. Service Dept.
Direct: (207) 801-4039
Service@RainWise.com

Sounds like you need a new temp/rh sensor.

Offline WVZR-1

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:31:01 PM »
How expensive is the RH sensor? I assumed that might be needed but nowhere in any of the material I have does it cover the replacement. How difficult an effort to replace? I've seen I think 1 screw.

Any snapshots?

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:03:06 PM »
A MKII (non LR) I believe runs about $75-$90.  It was $60 a few years ago.

To replace,remove the wind sensor, pull the temp/rh out of the tubing carefully with needle nose pliers..  The sensor itself is about 3" x 1".  Looks like a small circuit board with the standard Rainwise phone jack plug on one end.  Takes about 10 minutes to replace depending on where/how your station is mounted.

Call Ralph for he should be able to troubleshoot for you.  Some believe the problem can also be related to the cable that runs from the main motherboard to the temp/rh sensor.

Good luck

Offline WVZR-1

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 10:17:20 PM »
Thank you!! I'll give them an opportunity to respond to the contact support I used from their web page tomorrow.

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 07:26:01 AM »
How did you make out with Rainwise?

Offline WVZR-1

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 08:30:06 AM »
How did you make out with Rainwise?

I did get a response from Rainwise and I sent an email to Ralph. Since I use the IP-100 he looked at history and it was intermittent for July and August with what appears to be a complete failure later in August. He asked that I call to discuss troubleshooting and that's maybe an issue. I had some rather radical surgery and speech ain't great!

I'm going to get some snapshots and the serial number before I even attempt a call.

He did send a couple files regarding the RH replacement.

Offline litavecz

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 03:57:49 AM »
I'm going onto my third humidity sensor. I had just recently replaced it last May. It's intermittent so far. Right now I have had 100% readings since 6:00 pm. It goes from one extreme to the other. Very high or very low readings. I'm about ready to look for another station and cut my losses with this one. It's a shame. When it's working it's a very accurate station.

anything