Author Topic: LaCrosse 330-2315  (Read 20222 times)

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
Re: LaCrosse 330-2315
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »
Where do I find the device ID to enter into the app? Nothing seems to work...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reply from La Crosse:

La Crosse Technology
The 330-2315 was released about 8 months ago here in the US, and unfortunately will not be supported on our new La Crosse View app. We apologize for this inconvenience

----------------------

:roll:

Offline ibrubeer

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 03:24:05 PM »
I just discovered the same thing. Really?

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 08:59:21 PM »
Yikes! That sucks even more than Acurite's failures with the Atlas series marketing! Don't these companies realize that customer trust and loyalty is what builds the brand?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:01:14 PM by alanb »
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »

Yah That's sucks, even more because the new series is ugly  \:D/

Here are some photos of the station opened and all the parts:

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2799060

A friend sent to me

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2017, 07:46:09 PM »

Yah That's sucks, even more because the new series is ugly  \:D/

Here are some photos of the station opened and all the parts:

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2799060

A friend sent to me
Ugly? That's just money plain down the tubes..... :shock:

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »

here are some photos of our station opened, a friend did this process to fix the rain meter gauge  =D>

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Offline wcndave

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 09:22:22 AM »
Does anyone consider the 330-2315 still worth purchasing?  I like the display and separate temp sensor, however would quite like to add it and other devices to an app to monitor other locations which this won't do?

Also, am I correct in reading that the "forecast" part of this device is now unsupported and not working?

Thanks, Dave

Offline ibrubeer

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »
Does anyone consider the 330-2315 still worth purchasing?  I like the display and separate temp sensor, however would quite like to add it and other devices to an app to monitor other locations which this won't do?

Also, am I correct in reading that the "forecast" part of this device is now unsupported and not working?

Thanks, Dave

I still like the weather station. Haven't really searched to see if there has been anything new released in the last year better than it though. This station still displays on Weather Underground, along with all other personal weather stations. Not sure what you are referencing wanting to do with monitoring other locations, but I would think you could do that on WU.

As for the forecast icons, they never really were worth much, IMHO. All they really did were give you an indication of changing atmospheric pressure...

Offline Boston4

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »
Hi Dave,

I run Weewx on a Raspbery Pi and am able to "sniff" the data and publish it wherever I want (APRS,CWOP, WeatherUnderground, PWS Weather, etc). So if your app will accept data from Weewx (or possible other software, not sure), you should be able to publish the data to it.  I didn't know that the forecast was unsupported, but mine works just fine.

The only problem I have is that the outside Hygrometer is reading 20% high, even when I leave it right next to the base unit as a "test".  I will be calling LaCrosse later this morning for a replacement.

I am getting very good data off this system for it being a low end unit.  I actually bought it over a davis because I liked the display. One caveat with the display is that you must have it mounted below eye level or you can't see the numbers.  I have to leave it on my desk now, whereas with previous weather units I was able to mount it higher on the wall.

All the best.

Offline wcndave

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »
Thanks.

What I meant about the app not being supported and multiple locations, is that the new lacrosse "app" allows you to monitor many different sensors.  So you could put the weather station on your house, then add temp sensors to garage, loft, greenhouse etc, and monitor them all on one app.  However this doesn't support the 330-2315, and in fact seems to support only devices not yet released, and planned for release in US only.

You're correct in that I could monitor on WU, however quite like the ability to cycle through locations on the Oregon to check at a glance those locations on the display, without going to WU.

The forecast bit seems similar to Oregon and so on, and is useful for wife and family.  I would expect this device to keep publishing to WU as long as it's alive.

It's been reduced in price, hence my interest, as I too like the display.

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 02:56:30 AM »

My power supply is gone so I did a new one using the same plug and converting it to a usb plug, now I am able to use with a powerbank or plug it into a laptop to move the panel around the farm / home / company

we only need 5v and 500Mah

\:D/ ](*,)

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 07:04:38 AM »

I think the only option is getting the data from the WU, the station has no USB connection  :roll:

more than 300 stations sold on eBay and nobody is coming to this forum  ](*,) I wish more people could participate over here and send the feedback... :roll:

I've got this one:

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/c84428-wifi-connected-professional-weather-station

Had problems with the wifi and finally got it to connect and stay connected after moving it to another room.  Now if I can get the daylight saving time right I'll be fine.

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 09:24:16 AM »

I think the only option is getting the data from the WU, the station has no USB connection  :roll:

more than 300 stations sold on eBay and nobody is coming to this forum  ](*,) I wish more people could participate over here and send the feedback... :roll:

I've got this one:

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/c84428-wifi-connected-professional-weather-station

Had problems with the WiFi and finally got it to connect and stay connected after moving it to another room.  Now if I can get the daylight saving time right I'll be fine.

Move the panel and station as near as possible of the router or if you can do it, just change the router for a better one and see if the DNS keeps dropping the signal, right here every time that I use IPV6 or google DNS the signal drops and the station stop to report to WU,

To solve the DST problem you will need to use another TIME ZONE, I had to set a different time zone to match the same local time for us, probably the WU is facing problems with the DST auto mode

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »

I've got this one:

Had problems with the WiFi and finally got it to connect and stay connected after moving it to another room.  Now if I can get the daylight saving time right I'll be fine.

Move the panel and station as near as possible of the router or if you can do it, just change the router for a better one and see if the DNS keeps dropping the signal, right here every time that I use IPV6 or google DNS the signal drops and the station stop to report to WU,

To solve the DST problem you will need to use another TIME ZONE, I had to set a different time zone to match the same local time for us, probably the WU is facing problems with the DST auto mode

I got it all to work.  Ended up trying one more time to move the display (not sure what a panel is) closer to the router.  This time I have have new router (Netgear Orbi AC3000).  Was able to wifi connect and even move the display to another room which is where the problem began with the ASUS router.  The Obi has a satilite in the room I moved the diaply to.  Using the troubleshooting instructions on the View app (2nd time) I was able to get the DST to work.   

Offline Boston4

Re: LaCrosse 330-2315 Rain Gauge Issue
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
I've been mostly happy with this unit since purchase (9 months). 

My station is reporting acceptable data to CWOP

Recently, the rain gauge has stopped working.  I took off the cover to make sure there was no debris present.  Even when I physically depress the rain cup, it does not register any rainfall.

Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
Re: LaCrosse 330-2315 Rain Gauge Issue
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 01:04:29 PM »
I've been mostly happy with this unit since purchase (9 months). 

My station is reporting acceptable data to CWOP

Recently, the rain gauge has stopped working.  I took off the cover to make sure there was no debris present.  Even when I physically depress the rain cup, it does not register any rainfall.

Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

try to clean the rain sensor or ask the la crosse for a refund/new unit, they sent a new one for a friend who had the same problem

Offline ibrubeer

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 05:05:45 PM »
They sent me a new unit when I had this problem too. They helped me troubleshoot it (dump water in it a bit, then see if it registers...it didn't).

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2022, 06:24:48 PM »

Hi

Anyone with the unit working after all these years? :grin:

Offline Imageek2

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2022, 06:49:05 PM »
Wow, I forgot I was even a member here until I was notified of your message  :grin:.

Mine is still going strong after all these years, the roof mounted unit is even still on the original batteries! Never got the rain gauge working, however I can log into nearby weather stations to see what theirs say.

I have been connected to Weather Underground for all this time as well.  :-)

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2022, 07:47:26 PM »
Wow, I forgot I was even a member here until I was notified of your message  :grin:.

Mine is still going strong after all these years, the roof mounted unit is even still on the original batteries! Never got the rain gauge working, however I can log into nearby weather stations to see what theirs say.

I have been connected to Weather Underground for all this time as well.  :-)

mine either, same batteries.
I took the weather station out of the roof today for a maintenance ( clean and open to see if I can clean the rain sensor and make it work again ), some photos:

out for service:

inside:

rain gauge:

rain sensor:

full raun unit:

wind direction sensor ( cleaned ):

I will mount again tomorrow morning, let's see how the unit deal with rain sensor.

I really like this unit and the fact that it works with weather underground is amazing, looks like the new models doesn't do that.

anything