Author Topic: This is great  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Bob65

This is great
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:39:18 AM »
Greetings,
Glad to see this section added and hope you will post news and update information here. I am a fan of Weather foor you and like the direction it seems to be going.
Can you clarify the Weather for you to PWS weather? Is this a changeover? Where does Hamweather fit in this?
Regards, Bob
Ambient WS-2080 A   
Cumulus  1.9.3
CW8067
KFLBUSHN2

Offline DundeeWeather

• http://wx.dundeeweather.com/
Re: This is great
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »
www.weatherforyou.com ROCKS!  I've been sending data there for years.  Good people.

Greg - N2WAI - Dundee, Michigan --- Davis Wireless VP2, VWS 13.00 p20 --- WinXP Pro-SP2

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »
Thank you so much for the kind comments.  They are greatly appreciated.   :grin:

PWSweather.com was developed in order to...

• Clarify and/or identify the relationship between weatherforyou.com and HAMweather and the personal weather station data program they've jointly run since 2000.  There's been frequent confusion about sending data to one place, having it displayed on another, etc.  Creating the "joint" site will hopefully help make it more understandable
  • Provide a web site where more complete data could be displayed with graphs and other tools for those that didn't have their own web site.
  • Have data archives that could be easily searched.
  • Display maps of stations sending data as soon as data started coming in (old map had to be updated manually with just the location but no data).  The maps are still developed to be search engine friendly, so sites will be found.
  • Encourage community development of other products and tools to utilize personal weather station data in various ways.

We contracted with some of the best web site developers and programmers we could find (that also were weather minded) to help develop the site.  I'm excited about the way it came out.  :)

I'm also excited about some other things we have on the to-do list for PWSweather.com.  So more to come in the coming months.  ;)

weatherforyou.com turns 10 years old later this year.  While it (and PWSweather.com) have become what I originally envisioned in 1998, I keep getting more visions.  :D

We can always use ideas and suggestions for PWSweather.com and how it can support the personal weather station community.  So let me know if you have any.   \:D/

Thanks to all the personal weather stations that lets us serve them and to everyone that has helped us along the way.  It's been a great decade, and I'm looking forward to the next being even better through PWSweather.com.  :)
Joe Torsitano

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 01:27:27 AM »
www.weatherforyou.com ROCKS!  I've been sending data there for years.  Good people.

Absolutely agree!!
Joe has really been great to answer any question(s) I have sent his way!
A lot of the faults I'm sure I created myself :lol:
Several of the locals that frequent my page have commented about the layout of the Weatherforyou site!
My page is always a work in progress situation so it's always nice to have a page to glance at for quick data if mine is down or whatever may be the problem with it!

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
cw8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything