Author Topic: Issue with Bloomsky Dashboard?  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
Issue with Bloomsky Dashboard?
« on: March 10, 2016, 02:07:10 PM »
I am having an issue with logging into Bloomsky Dashboard.

If I use my Bloomsky log in says no device linked to this account.
If I log in with facebook get my Bloomsky data etc showing up, so works with my Facebook account, but not my Bloomsky account?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Issue with Bloomsky Dashboard?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:43:17 PM »
I am not having any issue to log in to my BloomSky dashboard account from a web browser - IE or FF.

Paul

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »

If I log in with facebook get my Bloomsky data etc showing up, so works with my Facebook account, but not my Bloomsky account?

same thing happened to me.

fix....use phone to login to the app
then change your password
then try the dashboard

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »

same thing happened to me.

fix....use phone to login to the app
then change your password
then try the dashboard

Did not fix the issue for me.

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:49:35 PM »

I thought I read somewhere that once you create the device with your facebook login you have to use that.
However I believe if you open a ticket with Bloomsky can they resolved this.

https://bloomsky.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16190704-data-portal-for-my-email-address-no-longer-reflects-my-app-registration

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 07:51:04 PM »

[/quote]

Did not fix the issue for me.
[/quote]

try a different browser...im using chrome

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 08:10:06 PM »
No difference. It shows I am logged in  tried 2 browsers and still only works through Facebook login

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 08:15:40 PM »
No difference. It shows I am logged in  tried 2 browsers and still only works through Facebook login

best to call Bloomsky support

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »
Denodan, have you contacted Bloomsky support with your problem? It is obvious that suggestions being made by members of this forum aren't helping you with your issue. At the same time you might want to mention your dissatisfaction with the UV readings and see what they say about that...
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:20:51 PM »
I have and while using my Facebook to log in works just a slight hassle.

Also contacted them about the uv issue and have tried the suggestion of turning off then on my Bloomsky unit and monitor it for a day.

They know they have issues with the uv readings and I may have a faulty uv sensor and told to monitor it for a day, if still no good will replace it.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 01:17:50 AM »
Denodan,

Using my dashboard, I see the following graph for my UV. While I have no way to validate the values, The UV readings appear to follow the sun exposure. On several days we had quite a bit of cloud cover so I would expect the readings to be lower than when we have full sunshine. This past week we've had a mix of open sky and clouds so the variations seem to be acceptable.

Good luck on getting your unit working as it should be. It looks like Bloomsky support really does want to help to get their units working correctly but, as a new company, I suspect they are overwhelmed with support calls and initial equipment setup issues. I guess I was one of the fortunate ones in that my unit seems to be working (so far) as it should.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 01:34:33 AM »
At night should be 0 and it's not. My Ambient clone is following verious levels of sun as its been cloudy with sun coming through and my Ambient was changing depending on light levels. I get full fmsun on mine in the afternoon and the ios app still says 1/11 whereas my Ambient went from verious readouts from 2 to 6, so when the sun hits mine should be high and the ios be more than 1/11

Ether way the readings on any of them are incorrect and it's something they have to sort out. At night there is no uv or solar radiation so should say instead of low should be either blank or say none and the ios should be 0/11.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »
At night should be 0 and it's not. My Ambient clone is following verious levels of sun as its been cloudy with sun coming through and my Ambient was changing depending on light levels. I get full fmsun on mine in the afternoon and the ios app still says 1/11 whereas my Ambient went from verious readouts from 2 to 6, so when the sun hits mine should be high and the ios be more than 1/11

Ether way the readings on any of them are incorrect and it's something they have to sort out. At night there is no uv or solar radiation so should say instead of low should be either blank or say none and the ios should be 0/11.

My UV matches my Ambient.
You might have a defective unit one as I did and just received a replacment.

Also with the api its showing Luminance and UV but they are still working out the bugs from what I hear.
http://nyweather.net/

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 06:03:06 PM »
I know I have a defective unit going by my Ambient readings and sent them my table to show mines defective.

The only issue I have, is living in New Zealand having to ship it back, what a hassle.

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 06:16:35 PM »
I know I have a defective unit going by my Ambient readings and sent them my table to show mines defective.

The only issue I have, is living in New Zealand having to ship it back, what a hassle.

Yes that is a bummer, did you pay full price or did you get yours free?

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 06:19:52 PM »
Paid for it

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 07:24:54 PM »
just curious....which Ambient station are we talking about here and does it actually have a UV sensor on board?  The reason I ask is that neither my Rainwise or Davis Vie has a UV sensor (that I'm aware of) yet when I feed WU it shows a UV reading.  Might be based on all their satellite feeds and it's really just a calculated number.

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 07:37:37 PM »
Yes it does and is one of the reasons I know my uv sensor on my Bloomsky is not working and suspect none of them are working correctly as at night there should be no reading at all. My Ambient shows zero at night as it should because there is no uv at night.

I don't know where underground weather is getting it's uv data from if you got no sensors? Maybe from your weather server,

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 07:44:54 PM »
I don't know where underground weather is getting it's uv data from if you got no sensors? Maybe from your weather server,

Wunderground does seem to add UV data even if you don't have such a sensor.  It's been doing that at least a year or so.  I've no idea where they get it.  It's certainly not coming from my hardware or software (other than the Bloomsky, of course).

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 07:55:27 PM »
Yes it does and is one of the reasons I know my uv sensor on my Bloomsky is not working and suspect none of them are working correctly as at night there should be no reading at all. My Ambient shows zero at night as it should because there is no uv at night.

so what model  Ambien do you have?

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 08:05:44 PM »
It's an Ambient ws 1001 clone the Aercus, which are all the same as the Ambient, but under different names depending what country your in.

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
It's an Ambient ws 1001 clone the Aercus, which are all the same as the Ambient, but under different names depending what country your in.

Thank you! :grin:

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 09:44:14 PM »
Paid for it

I paid for mine too but after mentioning the trouble I had and we are members of the wxforum they refunded my money and sent me a replacement.  Its worth a try to mention it to them when you call for your replacement.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:50:00 PM by StatenIslandWeather »
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 09:45:24 PM »
just curious....which Ambient station are we talking about here and does it actually have a UV sensor on board?  The reason I ask is that neither my Rainwise or Davis Vie has a UV sensor (that I'm aware of) yet when I feed WU it shows a UV reading.  Might be based on all their satellite feeds and it's really just a calculated number.

Hi Jim, I have the ambient weather 1001, it has solar and UV.

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »

Looking more closely at my new Bloomsky and the UV data your right.  The UV swung up to UV10 yesterday while the AW showed UV3 .  So yes that is a big difference....and the it does not go down to 0 only 1.
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

anything