Author Topic: Oregon Scientific WMR300  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Denpat

Oregon Scientific WMR300
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:26:34 AM »
I have been wondering if anyone has been running the Oregon Scientific WMR300 weather station and what their opinion is of the station. I have been using a WMR100 for over two years now and haven't had any problem at all. I have modified the rain gauge to report .01 inch instead of .04 per dump. I have also solar aspirated the temp sensor.

By reading the reviews it appears that a lot of people have shied away from it because of the lack of customer service.

If anyone could let me know of their experiences it would be appreciated.

Dennis

Offline richard810

Re: Oregon Scientific WMR300
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 11:30:23 PM »
I have had the WMR300 running for 6 Months and love it replaced wmr 968 which was in place for around 10 years and it was failing.

Offline dedeawe

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:31:15 PM »
I’ve had a WMR300a since 25 August 2015.  I live in south central Texas and have seen summer temperatures reach 110° and heat indexes of 123°.  I was satisfied with the unit until a couple of weeks ago.  The outside temperature and humidity started going haywire.  I emailed Oregon Scientific customer service and cleaned the sensor as instructed.  That failing, I emailed them again.  The reply this time was “Sorry, but we have discontinued the THGN301 sensor and you should consider buying a complete new weather station or seek a third party vendor.”  They didn’t even suggest who that vendor may be or what a suitable replacement part would be.

I primarily bought the WMR300a because I had previously gone through 3 AcuRite 5-in-1 Professional Digital Weather Stations at $99.95 from Lowe’s.  I figured I would get much longer service from a WMR300 at over $500 and perhaps save money.  WRONG!!!

After the terrible customer service and IMHO super short service life, I’m seriously considering going back to getting an AcuRite every year or so and forgetting the high priced lemon on the pole in my backyard.

Offline richard810

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 01:43:53 PM »
Don't know if this helps just looked it up on Oregon Scientific they are showing it just out of stock.

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 02:47:37 PM »
Don't know if this helps just looked it up on Oregon Scientific they are showing it just out of stock.
The WMR300 has been discontinued...and replaced by WMR500.

FWIW my experience with OSI service and support was terrible too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:49:11 PM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
I had bad luck with my Oregon wmr100... the thermo/hygro went belly up at just under a year with it too.

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 01:46:49 PM »
The WMR300 has been discontinued...and replaced by WMR500.

FWIW my experience with OSI service and support was terrible too.

The WMR500 has also been discontinued in the UK & Europe due to reliability problems of both the equipment and Oregon back end servers. They are working on something to replace both models in early 2019.
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.