Author Topic: graph and table wind values don't agree on some sites  (Read 861 times)

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
graph and table wind values don't agree on some sites
« on: May 28, 2019, 07:52:47 AM »
Some sites show different wind speeds on the graph and table.   Wind speeds seem to be around 7 or 8 mph on table with values of 5 to 25 on the graph.  Graph shows same
values as values transmitted to WU and other sites.   KTXCROWE5   
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
Re: graph and table wind values don't agree on some sites
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »
the graph and table agree now that wind has picked up
May be the timing of reading etc.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 06:19:00 PM »
Did some more checking and the graph values do not equal the table values for wind, even when the reading is at the same time.   Some other sites nearby graph = table values and some sites graph values are very different from graph values.   graph values are always what the davis pro are sending.   Is this a server specific anomaly?

Offline nick101

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 11:52:23 PM »
I have the same problem, my graph and table data for wind speed and wind gust is always different for the same date / time (IADELA158). The graph numbers look about right  comparing with the official BoM station near me in Adelaide. I've plotted up about 40 values for speed and gust and with a trendline of approximately y=1.6x it almost looks like the graph is KPH and the table is MPH even though it shows data as KPH. Does this sound feasible? If so I can just multiply the values in Excel when I copy the data from the dashboard.
Nick

Offline wxnut99

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »
I noticed the same issue with the discrepancy between graph and table values for wind speeds/gusts. We had a terrific windstorm the other night where I'm staying (not my home location), and the wind speeds in the graph look correct, while the table values do not look right. I'm displaying in km/h. Not sure where these values come from as they don't convert to mph, and don't display correctly when mph are used either. Images attached from a nearby station to me. Note wind speed at 12:19 am when strongest winds were occurring. Graph shows 92 km/h sustained gusting to 113 km/h (correct values). Table for same time shows 65 km/h gusting 81 km/h. No idea where those values are from. Even the dewpoint doesn't match. As seems to be the case now, WU is just a mystery when it comes to data display.. you never know what the heck is going on.   

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:02:07 AM by wxnut99 »