Author Topic: **Acurite Atlas 7/8 with FARS + Many Add-Ons Now Available** -Elite Soon?  (Read 49644 times)

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: New Acurite Atlas 7/8 Elite Station (Summer 2017?) HD Wifi FARS
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2017, 07:46:52 PM »
As i posted in their company forum, I am not even convinced they have a prototype yet, let alone any active beta testing. All we have seen is the photoshopped pictures on the one page flyer when they anounced the Atlas series. Acurite refuses to answer any questions that are asked about the status of the Atlas. Even if they are into beta testing and close to a release of the product, it is a poor way to launch a new product ... announced at CES in January to get everyone excited about it, then refused to give any further information for more than 9 months now.
Speaks volumes. Just me, but I'd certainly move along as I smell nothing but problems that you guys would be saddled with after (if ever) the release.

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2017, 09:02:34 PM »
As i posted in their company forum, I am not even convinced they have a prototype yet, let alone any active beta testing. All we have seen is the photoshopped pictures on the one page flyer when they anounced the Atlas series. Acurite refuses to answer any questions that are asked about the status of the Atlas. Even if they are into beta testing and close to a release of the product, it is a poor way to launch a new product ... announced at CES in January to get everyone excited about it, then refused to give any further information for more than 9 months now.
Speaks volumes. Just me, but I'd certainly move along as I smell nothing but problems that you guys would be saddled with after (if ever) the release.

That's why I didn't wait and bought the Davis, glad I did and no looking back...............

CoCoRaHS: NC-JH-80

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2017, 12:38:36 AM »

CES is a trade show.  It's not so much about getting the end consumer excited.  It's about building business relationships and getting products in the distribution channels.  It's a safe bet that information is being transferred behind closed doors with potential business partners.  End consumers likely won't hear much about such things unless someone generates a press release.

Acurite customer support reps aren't going to tell you much, if anything, than what has already been put forth in the spec sheets.

Testers aren't likely to say anything, either, unless they have permission to do so.

Beta testing is typically a short last stage of testing before a product release.  The bulk of testing occurs during the development stage, which can last years.

Release dates are, by nature, subject to change.  The CES press release said "later this year".  There's still time left for Acurite make that.  Take any other date tossed out with a grain of salt.  Unless you have a formal contractual agreement for a specific delivery date, you don't have much to squawk about.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:40:53 AM by nincehelser »

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2017, 06:24:44 AM »
Testers aren't likely to say anything, either, unless they have permission to do so.

Gotta love being under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)!  I am testing a pre-release piece of weather hardware and a few weather smartphone apps right now, and have read all of the legalese fine-print that even prevents me from mentioning the vendors by name.  My point is that you should not expect to hear as much as a confirmation that someone has a test unit in the field due to NDA.  One of the agreements that I'm under even has a paragraph that prevents me from discussing my test results with other testers...if I were to somehow find out who they are!

Regarding Acu-Rite's product roadmap, my experiences with other product development cycles made me suspect that they would never be able to hit their promised summer release date all the way back to the day they announced the new line.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see them still working out retail sales deals at NEXT YEAR's CES show.

As a footnote, I've been nursing my primary station's failing/flaky 5-in-1 along for over a year now, hoping that the Atlas hardware would be released early.  I am in the process of throwing in the towel, since I saw leaves falling here yesterday and need to have a reliable/working primary station up on the mast before winter sets in.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »
Well, there is no mention of the Atlas line at the FCC's OET site.  And if you look there at things like the lightning detector and the lag from approval to market you get an idea of when you might see this device.  ;)  Atlas = VP3?  LOL
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline seamonkeys1

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »
yep I would agree. I wonder if they are having problem with said unit?

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2017, 03:21:51 PM »
If the CES announcement was only meant for trade partners and not for consumers, Acurite should have never put the "Atlas Coming Soon" banner at the top of their home page. Having that with no additional details for nine months is at best poor marketing strategy, really more like dishonesty IMO.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:38:43 PM by alanb »
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2017, 03:54:42 PM »
NWS has a similarly irksome banner on their website. I think it may have been there for as long as Acurite's--

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:00:11 PM by BeaverMeadow »

Offline WetCoyote

« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »
Out of all the promo PDF's of it, I have yet to see what the HD display looks like, unless im looking in the wrong place.

Offline railrode1

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2017, 04:43:42 PM »
I just went ahead and bought a new sensor array for my Ambient station. I plan to replace bad sensors and rotate the arrays till the display dies. Maybe Acurite will have it sorted out by then. I'm not crazy about their current 5 in 1 units, as they don't show gusts and solar radiation. My main interest in the Atlas is the remote mounting of the anemometer.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline seamonkeys1

« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2017, 05:06:57 PM »
Looks like there Acutrite isn't giving any time lines yet. It sounds like its been delayed for some more time.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:04:57 PM by seamonkeys1 »

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2017, 06:41:06 PM »
I bet the release date will be this Fall, October 32nd. :twisted:....................

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2017, 11:21:27 PM »
Isn't the 32nd the first day of fall in Brigadoon? :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2017, 06:08:09 AM »
I bet the release date will be this Fall, October 32nd. :twisted:....................
Would that be the invisible month of Octember?

Octember Eleventy First  Dunday 3017 28:00 utz

Eleventy first I recall from my youth reading lord of the rings the phrase “eleventy first “

:grin:

Seems like this topic of a new release has been around for yonks perhaps the pa department is full of dotards residing in Nambia... :grin:

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2017, 06:09:41 AM »
Isn't the 32nd the first day of fall in Brigadoon? :)

I thought it was El Dorado.............

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
See also - vaporware.....  #-o

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »
I would have been interested in this, but went for a Davis Vantage Pro 2. Glad I did, can extend and customize to my hearts content.
It's sad they announced this, oh what, 9 months ago and it STILL isn't out on the street?

Tisk tisk...
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: New Acurite Atlas 7/8 Station (Elite Summer 2018?) HD FARS
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2018, 10:52:18 AM »
I don't do facebook, so does anyone know what the plans are for the Elite? It has a Wifi display from what I understand, but are there still plans for it's release? On the Atlas line, I understand that a second round of testing has been done, but other than that, I don't know anything else. I am not too crazy about the access being tied down to just one website currently, but I also think a PC connect would solve that and wonder if any plans would be in the works for this? A lot of users like to see their data on their screens as it's happening, and be able to tweak the readings that way.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2018, 11:24:33 AM »
By now it would seem obvious that "Atlas Elite" and "Vaporware" are synonymous terms.

(Please correct me if I am wrong).

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »
By now it would seem obvious that "Atlas Elite" and "Vaporware" are synonymous terms.

You are wrong.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »

You are wrong.

ETA?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »

You are wrong.

ETA?

The same secrecy that was around the Atlas is around the Atlas Elite.

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2018, 08:59:34 PM »

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2018, 11:32:12 PM »

You are wrong.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »

You are wrong.

(Vaporware definition deleted)

Now you're wrong per your own definition.  :lol: