Author Topic: Meteobridge and Ambient Weather 1400 IP  (Read 1370 times)

Offline ronmis

Meteobridge and Ambient Weather 1400 IP
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:47:52 AM »
Hi,
  I've had the 1400 IP for the last 10 months and it has worked flawlessly. A few days back I bought a TP-Link router and installed Meteobridge on it and have started sending data to CWOP, PWS and Wunderground. It is working quite well, except that everyday all the lights on my Observer IP (running 4.0.1) start blinking and I cannot access it via its IP address, I'll have to manually power cycle it for it to work again.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? If yes, did you resolve it?

My Meteobridge is connected wireless and the Observer IP is hardwired to the router.

Thanks,
Rohan

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Meteobridge and Ambient Weather 1400 IP
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 10:56:53 AM »
Did you assign static IP addresses for both devices?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline ronmis

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
I did not until now. I just set their static IP's  as 192.168.1.3 (meteobridge) and 192.168.1.4 (observer ip), both hardwired to my router. Hopefully the problem will go away.

My wireless setup at home is like this - Verizon Fios - Actiontech Router - Netgear Nighthawk which broadcast wifi

Previously observer ip was hardwired to actiontech and meteobridge to Netgear wirelessly. Now they are both hardwired with static ip's to actiontech.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 12:13:33 PM »
OK - report back in a while.  For the record, apparently those Fios thingamajigs have all sorts of issues from what I have read. 
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline ronmis

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »
its been a month and Meteobridge and ObserverIP have been working well with static IPs :)

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »
Verizon Fios - Actiontech Router - Netgear Nighthawk
Check all your routers DHCP settings. You should only run DHCP on ONE router, especially if they hand out IP addresses in the same range.
A device sends out a DHCP IP request and any DHCP server will answer and give the device an IP address. DHCP servers does not sync with each other and will result in other DHCP servers handing out the same address resulting in an IP clash. If a device detects the same IP address on the network, it will shutdown its network port.

Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100