Author Topic: Weather maps and Mesanet data on USA.HTX not working properly  (Read 1462 times)

Offline seifrij

• Merit Club
Weather maps and Mesanet data on USA.HTX not working properly
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:26:28 PM »
For about two weeks, the default 'Local Radar Weather' and regional 'Weather Map' have not worked on 'index.htm' default home page as generated by the VWS version 15.0 software.  In fact, on the 'Weather Map', there is a graphic that says 'This map no longer exists'.   

Also, for the same period of time, the "Local Weather Exchange' info at the bottom of the template is not populated with the Mesonet data.  Looking directly at the MESONET tab in VWS, it also shows no data is being downloaded.

Are the recent changes made by Ambient, Mesonet, or Weather Underground that anyone knows about which would cause this behavior?

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: Weather maps and Mesanet data on USA.HTX not working properly
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 05:50:07 PM »
I would say it is WU.  I did notice that the Mesonet info from my page is blank and it is derived from WU.

CW3699

Online 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: Weather maps and Mesanet data on USA.HTX not working properly
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:07:17 PM »
WU has reportedly moved to new Amazon Web Services platform.  There is no word if they are going to get those functions VWS depends on, back up and working again.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

anything