Author Topic: OpenWeatherMap: PWS data upload no longer allowed? Or do I not know how to read?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline kevink619

• My G+
Does anyone know what's up with OpenWeatherMap?  It seems that either I have lost my ability to read and follow directions, or they have quietly abandoned allowing PWS data to be uploaded to there site. I'm seriously considering dropping support for OpenWeatherMap in my app as it seems that they have abandoned PWS users.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate

Offline kevink619

• My G+
Have you tried this? http://openweathermap.org/stations

I've followed those directions step by step several times... something is definitely wrong on their end.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
I know I had problems on several occasions with them, not very reliable service, which is also one of the reasons why I also deleted the OWM forecast from my template, it was often down and causing delays in the whole script.

Offline kevink619

• My G+
I know I had problems on several occasions with them, not very reliable service, which is also one of the reasons why I also deleted the OWM forecast from my template, it was often down and causing delays in the whole script.

I finally got a reply from OpenWeatherMap stating that they aren't accepting PWS data for the time being while they work on a newer and better service. No ETA has been given.