Author Topic: Standalone Weather Graphs - LamiaWeather.com  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Virtuosofriend

• Decide, commit, succeed!
    • Lamia Weather Station
Standalone Weather Graphs - LamiaWeather.com
« on: May 14, 2016, 10:35:26 AM »
Good evening people,

After a few weeks of tweaking and playing with it, I've decided to release the Weather Graphs script on WXforum.net as well. It's been on Weather-Watch for almost a month, without any complains so far.

What does it do?

It basically uses the Weather Display CSV logfiles, to produce some good looking graphs for your webpage. Since this is a standalone script, you can import it in any website setup.

What kind of graphs does it produce?

In the latest version, the script plots Temperature, Dewpoint & Heat Index (on the same graph), Rain, Solar Power (for those who enable the feature), Humidity, Barometer, Wind Speed, Gust Speed and last but not least Wind direction graphs.

Demo - Screenshots

There is a live demo, on my personal website, so check it out to watch the script in action.

Additionally I am posting a couple of screenshots

Temperature graph:

Solar power graph:

Wind Speed graph:

Wind Direction graph:

All good, where is the script?

The script is located on GitHub, and it comes with a wiki page, which you should read before using it.

I will update this script from time to time and I will try to help you out guys with any problems that you come across, but be patient :)

Offline Virtuosofriend

• Lamia Weather Station
Re: Standalone Weather Graphs - LamiaWeather.com
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 05:00:39 AM »
Update notice:

- A few bug fixes in plotting the charts. The solar graph should work properly now (it was not plotting at all before).
- I have added a small box below the graph, which shows the Max and Min values of the Y-axis. That means the High and Low temperature for the Temp graph, high and low baro for the barometer graph etc.
The box can be moved easily, simply give the, id="details" in the div you wish to display it on. Of course you can add any HTML class to the box to fit it in your page design
In case you don't want the box to appear at all, disable it in the settings (refer to the Wiki on the script's GitHub page for more details about customizing it).
- A few cosmetic tweaks, page's title changes on new chart plot.

Screenshots

Default version

LamiaWeather.com version

LamiaWeather.com version , translated into Greek

Script is available on GitHub , and you can see it on this live demo page.

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:12:46 AM »
Good job Virtuosofriend!

Offline Virtuosofriend

• Lamia Weather Station
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 05:29:36 PM »
Thanks mate :)

Offline Virtuosofriend

• Lamia Weather Station
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:16:24 AM »
Update to v1.5

This script got a huge revamp based on feedback and of course on personal desires.
I have changed the details box below the graphs so now you can get a nice little statistical analysis based on the data you have collected. Pretty much every graph has it's own unique analysis (except the Solar power). You still need to enter your area's Climate data in the appropriate file for the comparisons to work properly.
Also the original code was re-written and the graphs are plotting faster now.

Screenshots:

Temp with details on

Rain with details on

Gust Speed with details on

You can watch it live on my webpage and download the script from GitHub.
Read the Wiki there, the instructions are very detailed.
For any other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to post here.

Big thanks to atsio (aka meteothes.gr), for beta testing the script all those months.