Author Topic: Nasty Convergence Zone This Afternoon  (Read 582 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Nasty Convergence Zone This Afternoon
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:41:16 PM »
We had a nasty morning with wind gusts to 40mph and .35 inches of rain.  Then it cleared up, calmed down and a few fluffy cumulus rolled by.  But then a nasty CZ came in and fortunately we were on the edge.  The folks to the right of the video got blasted with hail and lightning.  We did pick up our fair share of rain at the end of this video though....

Thought I'd Share,

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline WXjem

Re: Nasty Convergence Zone This Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:03:39 AM »
Hi Greg,

Yea the CZ does a number on the region at a regular basis.  Quite often it's right over the top of us here east of Duvall. We are just south of the Snohomish/King border.  Not unusual for us to get what I like to call the "triple whammy".  Higher altitude (575'), Tucked up into the Cascade Foothills and the Convergence Zone all together leading to some pretty interesting weather... 

Makes for an interesting hobby!

Jim
JnJ Ranch
Davis Vantage VUE, weewx software
WU: KWADUVAL11

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »
Hi Jim,
Interesting weather lately....  Gotta love the PacificNorthWet....  I'll bet you do get slammed with some of the lingering CZ's.  Looks like we get a break after storm #9 on Thursday.....

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:58:02 PM »
Very dynamic!!! I love it.

Thank you for sharing....

Randall