Author Topic: Temperature & Humidity  (Read 2831 times)

Offline 08Cayenne

Temperature & Humidity
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
I've had my Vantage Pro2 Wireless for about 5 years.  Just recently the temperature started displaying "-90" and there was no humidity reading.  I changed the battery, also cleaned the contacts, (they were clean & dry) and used some dielectric grease on the contacts.

I've searched the internet any this forum but cannot find any information.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank

Offline north of 60

• Contributor
Re: Temperature & Humidity
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
Send in your temp/hum sensor to davis for a new one,  they will charge around $80.

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
Save some money, www.archertradingpost.com/atp, and give the date code on the white cover on the board inside the transmitter. There are 2 different T/H sensor replacements depending on the date code.                   EDIT P/N 7346.166 for units that use the DFARS   P/N 6930 for units with the 'standard radiation shield' and the 6382 T/H station
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:41:37 AM by moehoward4 »
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline 08Cayenne

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 07:34:25 PM »
Thank You!

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »
  125 dollars from Davis. Just had to replace one here on my unit. Lasted 5 months from  installion. Hope this one last but most likly made in china and assemble in US.

John

Offline kered

• Laracha-Meteo Multilingual Website with PHP & AJAX
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 03:20:40 AM »
  125 dollars from Davis. Just had to replace one here on my unit. Lasted 5 months from  installion. Hope this one last but most likly made in china and assemble in US.

John

After 5 months and not replaced under warrenty?
.     Updated every 15 minutes                                            Updated every 5 seconds

If its not broke don't try to fix it.

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 04:52:56 AM »
I think Davis gives '90 days' on their repair parts. That's what I remember ???
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »
 Companies now days foreget what customer service is and look after #1. Their pocketbook. Once you have the equipment they know they got you.  I find that it not like it se to be dealing with anyone now days. Their another outfit that is on this board that  just tells you that your angry when their unit been an complete lemon from almost day one. Isn't that right Ryan. Oh well every time I see someone Too
 looking at that brand I'll talk them out of it. Too bad it wasn't an car under Alaska lemon laws  it would of had to be replaced.

John