Author Topic: Thinking of buying a WS1000  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Thinking of buying a WS1000
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »
After browsing YouTube at weather station assemblies I found several videos on the assembly and walkthrough of the many features I'm thinking for Christmas I might consider buying the WS1000. So far I haven't seen any negative feedback. One problem I do see is that Ambient seems to have inventory problems on the WS1000. Hearing several accounts of them being out of stock and after checking today saw the same thing.

I also see there are 2 versions. One with WiFi and one without WiFi. I'm interested in putting the data on Wunderground.

Is the WS1000 something y'all would recommend? I'm like the many of y'all where 1 station isn't enough. Want to run the WS1000 near the VP2. Looks like a cool unit.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
Re: Thinking of buying a WS1000
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:20:08 PM »
I use a VP2 for the primary data to supply the website. I also have a WS1000 that has a console with a much higher W.A.F. and can be placed in the living room.  ;)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Thinking of buying a WS1000
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »
I also like this weather station. Since I am seeing such positive feedback, as soon as they are able to send data to PWS and CWOP, I'm pulling the trigger. I see one of these installed at a Funeral home about 30 minutes from my location, and their temp and dew point looks very good. I like the rapid update too.

anything