Author Topic: Using VP2 Console and Envoy8x simultaneously?  (Read 777 times)

Offline jclark50

Using VP2 Console and Envoy8x simultaneously?
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:28:23 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a Vantage Pro 2 Plus ISS and I am needing to store 1-minute data for as long as possible before actually downloading it to a computer. I’m considering the USB data logger, but I see that it can only hold this data for 1 day and 20 hours.

Due to this, is it possible to have both the VP2 console and the Envoy 8x receiving the signal from the same ISS simultaneously, since the Envoy 8x has tremendously more data storage? I would like both the console and Envoy since the ability to view real-time data is important, but a computer to download the data will not always be accessible, hence my needing the Envoy as well.

Thank you!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Using VP2 Console and Envoy8x simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »
As both would be wireless then sure, no problems.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 10:54:52 PM »

Wireless would be a reasonable assumption, but perhaps we should make sure that jclark50 does have a wireless VP2.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:40:37 PM »

Wireless would be a reasonable assumption, but perhaps we should make sure that jclark50 does have a wireless VP2.

Wireless would be the only assumption as that's the only way the 8X comes, so yes both would need to be wireless

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 11:58:40 PM »
Wireless would be the only assumption as that's the only way the 8X comes, so yes both would need to be wireless

I am quite aware that the 8X is wireless.  I just don't want to make an assumption about the model of VP2 that a first-time visitor to this forum has.  Particularly since they asked if it was OK for two receivers to listen to the same radio broadcast.

But you're probably quite correct in assuming.