Author Topic: Tablet and Console Side by Side  (Read 605 times)

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
Tablet and Console Side by Side
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:26:57 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The WS-2902A and the WS-2000 in a side by side comparison for anybody curious.
N.B. the WS-2000 still with the original factory settings in place after the firmware update.

Offline davefr

• Senior Contributor
Re: Tablet and Console Side by Side
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »
Nice visual comparison.  Now just imagine how nice the WS-2000 could be if it were borderless/touch screen.

Offline tony

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:12:24 PM »
I have both. Love the 2000.

Offline Ski Pro 3

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 01:30:29 AM »
And that's just one page of the data the 2000 can provide.  The graph pages are pretty nice.

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »
Nice visual comparison.  Now just imagine how nice the WS-2000 could be if it were borderless/touch screen.

Imagine, it's easy if you try.

Last month I wrote to Ed with the idea of implementing a fully functioning skin for interactivity with the Display Console/ Tablet Display similar to the RAMS interface I helped develop for a past client. The idea is that you basically have full control of the console remotely from your mobile device or PC.

20181231 12:15 UTC-5
Hello Ed,

Consider adding a fully functional skin to the Dashboard; i.e., control the Console Display remotely.

If that's too ambitious for your programmers in the short run, consider at least having the skin display, in as close as practicable, real time values as seen on the physical Display Console and presented realistically on the device showing the Dashboard.

Below are a couple of examples using the Display Console for the WS-2902A, but the actual skin would vary according to the customer's actual display console model, e.g., WS-2000, etc.

Example above in Firefox browser

Example below on cell phone

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
And that's just one page of the data the 2000 can provide.  The graph pages are pretty nice.

The users manual doesn't speak about the WS-2000's ability to graph. Could you please post a screen shot of an example as well as describing the "how to"?

Offline abusuzuki

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »
Nice comparison, I hope in the future to add an option to move the inside temperature & humidity to top bar to give more space to increase the size of outside data ( tempreture, wind, humidity ). Also for wind reading it would be a nice thing to add different colors to the background of a wind icon changes according to the speed of wind just like the Atlas display.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:22:56 AM by abusuzuki »

Offline Ski Pro 3

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 01:27:12 PM »

The users manual doesn't speak about the WS-2000's ability to graph. Could you please post a screen shot of an example as well as describing the "how to"?
First verify you have the latest firmware upgrade as this is a 'hidden' feature, BETA that isn't documented just yet. 
To check your firmware version, from your console, click the gear symbol 4 times.  This will put you on the 'FACTORY' page.  Scroll to 'About' DISPLAY and select using the +magnifying symbol.  5th line down will show the Firmware Revision Number.  Check on Ambient Weather's website here to see if you have the latest firmware of 1.3.8. If not, follow the instructions on how to update your firmware. Once you are running the latest rev firmware, you can view graphs;
https://www.ambientweather.com/amwewsfidoce.html

From main display hit the up/down arrow tab, next to the gear symbol, 2nd from the right three times.  This will scroll you past the min/max and the chart readings and put you in the graph readings.  Then either choose the + magnifying glass to view weekly, monthly and back to hourly.  Or press the down arrow next to the magnifying glass to scroll through the various graphs; rain, temp, etc. 

I will try to post a photo...

Let's see if this works...

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:41:15 PM by Ski Pro 3 »

Offline Ski Pro 3

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 01:54:43 PM »
Oh, BTW, there are some other added features to the new firmware upgrade.  Let's see if I can find them all;
1. The background for the data displayed is no longer faded black, but instead completely black.  Makes the contrast of the readings much more enhanced and I can dim my console even more to view comfortably.
2. The seconds on the digital clock is missing
3. The date/time is moved up to the same line as the wifi gauge/WU/AW icons are located
4. The temp min/max are bracketing the current temp and it's larger digits (This is a couple upgrades old, but still within the past few weeks)
5. Graphs of course, since that was detailed last post
6. Makes room for future air quality sensor (again, a couple ugrades ago, but still recent)

There have been 5 revisions in the past month or so. 

Here's an FYI;
There are TWO firmwares on the WS-2000 console; the revision and the wifi. 
To view what rev wifi firmware you are using, go to the same 'About' 'Display' page described previously on your console.  Look at the 3rd to the bottom line.  There you will find your version.  Most recent is AMBWeatherV4.0.9
To upgrade to the latest wifi firmware, do so from the awnet app on your phone.  No other way to do this and it's not documented anywhere. 

First, launch the app on your phone
From the app select Menu
From Menu select Device List
From Device List select your station.  Most likely you only have the one.
Look to see if you are prompted to upgrade the firmware.  A button will be provided.  Also right and midscreen it will state what version you are on.  The latest version is AMBWeatherV4.0.9

Ambient Weather has announced this is the right and proper thing to do with a WS-2000 station for upgrading the wifi firmware.  Here is where I found it; on their facebook page this morning in a discussion on the issue.

Quote from: Ambient Weather
On the WS-2000, you can update the screen layout with the user.bin file. You can update the WS-2000 WiFi firmware through the awnet app.

We also added a graphing feature to the WS-2000. Press the up down arrow key at the bottom 3 times to see the graphs. Not in the manual yet, so kind of a beta.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:03:50 PM by Ski Pro 3 »

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 03:19:55 PM »
Thanks for posting the photos and the write up!

Offline wase4711

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
nice photos and info...

thanks for taking the time to post this stuff!

anything