Author Topic: wireless datalogging  (Read 6194 times)

Offline ajhuff

Re: wireless datalogging
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 03:19:16 PM »
Thanks!

I am not married to my weather station so if there is another one out there that does what I want I will explore it. I will also look into this USB ethernet option.

As to the browser. I guess im just old school. I like having my stuff with my and have not jumped on the cloud computing bandwagon.  I still prefer CDs to s streaming music. And im not crazy about sharing weather on Weather Underground. Just not an interest for me.

Thanks again,

-AJ

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 08:25:14 PM »
Search out user "Bellfryboy" on this site.  I think he was/is making  weather specific wireless  loggers for the Davis line.  And FWIW, that MB push stuff is not that complicated.

That's what I was thinking.  A wireless dongle thing sounds like the easiest solution to the problem.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline ajhuff

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 09:32:58 PM »
No I am not a troll. I've been trying to figure this out for two weeks. I just don't understand the stuff you guys say.

As I said before, I want to be able to get the data from my console (Ambient ws2080) to my laptop without using a USB cable, and have a program like Cumulus or Weather Display, etc. process the data. I am not interested in a cloud solution. I get that I have frustrated you guys because I want to do something that is not the norm from the rest of you. I'm frustrated because I can't figure out how to do it. I'm not a programmer, I'm not a network guy. I buy things and hook them up. I bought the Weatherlink bridge thinking it was my solution.

I'm sorry I've irked you.

-AJ

Offline ajhuff

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 10:38:43 PM »
Thanks for your time.

Bye.

anything