Author Topic: Ready for my first computer build  (Read 7998 times)

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
Re: Ready for my first computer build
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Ryan

I have a question. Do you know where you can order a one power connector (for lack of a better description) molex power cord. The ones that came with my power supply can power 4 different things I would like a single one to keep the wires to a minimum. I did some searching without much luck.

Thanks Andy
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:04 PM »
I got a NZXT CB-LED20-BU 2-Metres Light Sensitivity Sleeved LED Kit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046Y5Z5G/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I liked the idea of being able to dim easily-didnt like the idea of a card and more visible wires but at $15 not the end of the world if I don't like it. Did you see my Timelapse "Winter Solstice" http://www.agtimelapse.com/much faster workflow with the new computer.

Time laspe is awesome. I've watched all of them. How u do it? Video camera? I got the 2 white led sunlight sticks from new egg in my PC. 7.99 each.  I've been playing Battlefield 4,Max Payne 3 and Crysis 3 on my PC and my GPU handles all 3 games on ultra settings. Graphics are amazing.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
Ryan

I have a question. Do you know where you can order a one power connector (for lack of a better description) molex power cord. The ones that came with my power supply can power 4 different things I would like a single one to keep the wires to a minimum. I did some searching without much luck.

Thanks Andy

Is your power supply modular? If not your stuck. If you have an extra sata connection coming off the PSU that not being used you could use a sata to molex adapter. If you need one PM me and I will mail you one free. I have a lot of cables.  :roll:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:05:02 PM by hayskswx »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera