Author Topic: Heavy Weather 2.0 Beta Shutting Down in Win7  (Read 4249 times)

Offline ClemLJ2

Heavy Weather 2.0 Beta Shutting Down in Win7
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »
actually, i thought it was due to win7 but it turned out to be the X4 processors. AND, the answer was posted in here back in Sept, 2006 by ZWN. it was just the dual processor then. u have to assign ONE processor to Heavy Weather software. it does not like dual or more core processors. here is what was posted back in 2006 and it still works today on the AMD Phenom II X 4 955 processor. i was very happy to find the solution here. i was lucky enough to find because i was already suspecting something along these lines so when i saw the following i read and found this to be the solution. i am posting with a different subject title to maybe help someone else. the following is what was posted in 2006 that i found here and it resolved my problems with the Heavy Weather software.  Tks to ZWN whereever u r today  :grin:

Heavy Weather Beta 2 on a Dual Core Processor
« on: September 30, 2006, 03:57:06 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is something that might help those using Heavy Weather for the first time. Heavy weather will not work on an AMD Dual Core Athlon X2 processor, unless you force heavy weather to see only one processor.
You need to open Windows Task Manager, click on the processes tab, right click on heavyweather.exe, and set the affinity to one of the processors. If you don't do this, the program starts working initially and bombs after a few minutes, as it gets totally confused.
It had me totally confused. I visited every forum I could find and there was no help listed anywhere. I was about to throw the software out the window, and then I found the problem... and actually... Heavy Weather is not bad at all... now that it works!
I hope this helps... and perhaps the programmers can sort out the bug in future releases

Offline Bernard46

Re: Heavy Weather 2.0 Beta Shutting Down in Win7
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »
Did you ever have a problem with Heavy Weather starting up and then dying before it even put up the first window with an 0x00000005 (access permissions I believe) error. Mine worked successfully on Win 7 64 bit for a year or more and suddenly started to give this problem - I've tried admin provileges, compatibility mode, affinity (difficult to get in in time) etc all with no luck.

anything