Author Topic: Meteobridge on an E-rice Server  (Read 1506 times)

Offline gateway2capecod

• West Wareham, Ma Weather
Meteobridge on an E-rice Server
« on: September 20, 2014, 02:12:44 PM »
hello all...

I wanted to know if anyone else here using Meteobridge with the Saratoga templates with a Davis weather Station has Successfully got the data to appear/update on their E-rice hosted Site?

I am on E-rice and tried getting it to work but am having issues. Not sure if it is  E-rice problem or Editing problem.

I have successfully got meteobridge working and uploading the 2 files MBtags.php and Mbrealtime for 10 second updates....when I go to my server and the file on URL of my site, I can see the realtime data there being updated, but it doesn't appear on my ajax updates section of dashboard.

as for the MBtags.php..it shows it in meteobridge live data screen as success, but when you check the MBtags.php file on server it is Blank and also the URL Dump path ken mentions on his site when configuring these...both are blank with no Info displaying.

I have read Ken's setting up page and the wiki help pages for meteobridge. I have also set file permissions to the chmod 666

for time being right now I have my website being updated by Weather PC and WD till I can figure out the issue.

Thanks for any Help or Idea's...Chris

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:14:31 PM by gateway2capecod »

Offline gateway2capecod

Re: Meteobridge on an E-rice Server
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
well I got most of it now working with exception of the every 5 second updates on top of dashboard. the data is getting to the server for the mbrealtime, but the flash every 5 seconds on top of dashboard is not happening.

Offline gateway2capecod

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 03:01:43 PM »
got realtime and everything else working on a test site I am testing meteobridge on.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »
Sorry I didn't see your post, but I have a meteobridge (and a meteohub as well) uploading to e-rice. I am glad that you got it to work OK.

One thing that has tripped me up in the past with e-rice is their limit on FTP connections. I have had weird issues with uploads that I had to watch the dialog in FileZilla or STD-out in Linux to see that the FTP limit was being hit (usually 3 sessions for me). I have a number of embedded doo-dads, like Blitzortung boxes and the Meteo-x devices running. I also have my main Linux box uploading under cron. I have tweaked the intervals so this doesn't happen (that I am aware of).

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline gateway2capecod

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 07:22:23 PM »
hello Greg...

Yes.. I know what you mean about the 3 sessions with E-rice. I haven't had any problems in the past and have been using E-rice since 2007 when first got into all the weather website stuff.

This Weekend I finally got my own site working and configured completely with the Davis Vantage Vue/ FTPI Serial to USB adapter/ and Meteobridge. it's been working Great. as Much as I will miss using Weather Display, which has many more functions and stuff...I mainly switched to meteobridge to cut cost of my Electric Bill as low as possible without having to shut off the site completely. with the TP LINK 3020 router only using 1-2 watts..it cant be any cheaper than that and still have my site showing most recent data every 10 seconds on dashboard  and every 5 minutes for all other data.

My Electric Company has decided to raise the electricity in this area in a month or so up 37% more than it is now.

check out my site using meteobridge by clicking on my Banner below.

Thanks...Chris

Offline gateway2capecod

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 11:49:44 PM »
now using ipage.com as my host, since erice is having major issues

anything