Author Topic: Acu-Rite 5 in 1 Color at Costco  (Read 4380 times)

Offline KK7X

• Contributor
  • KIDRATHD3
    • Rathdrum Weather
Acu-Rite 5 in 1 Color at Costco
« on: October 29, 2014, 11:00:08 AM »
When I was in my local Costco yesterday I noticed that the had the Acu-rite 5 in 1 with Color Display and PC Connect for $80.00
$170.00 at Acu-Rite

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Re: Acu-Rite 5 in 1 Color at Costco
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »
Yes, I just wish it was the model with the Internet bridge.  I'd buy one as a backup for comparison to my Rainwise.

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:03:46 PM »
Our local Costco (Norfolk VA) had them a few month ago and they sold fast.  I picked one up.  Not bad.  Had a problem with spiders webbing up the rain gauge after only 2 days. :roll:

Offline beerguy

• Binary Emulsion
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »
I picked up the same unit as my old Fine Offset unit finally shat the bed.  The software is terrible but I'm using a Meteobridge so I don't need it.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 02:11:46 PM »
I picked up the same unit as my old Fine Offset unit finally shat the bed.  The software is terrible but I'm using a Meteobridge so I don't need it.

What do you think about the wind speed reading with acurite in comparison to the Fine offset anemometer?

Offline beerguy

• Binary Emulsion
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
Too soon to tell, really. I've only had the station a couple of weeks and we've been pretty calm. So far, so good.

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 07:04:36 AM »
Our local Costco (Norfolk VA) had them a few month ago and they sold fast.  I picked one up.  Not bad.  Had a problem with spiders webbing up the rain gauge after only 2 days. :roll:

They're back in our local (Norfolk VA) store as of last night.

Offline beerguy

• Binary Emulsion
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 01:10:18 PM »
Too soon to tell, really. I've only had the station a couple of weeks and we've been pretty calm. So far, so good.

According to CWOP, wind is within specs.  I've got a little bit of a solar heating problem but I'm aware of that (and can't do much about it currently).

Offline Dartman

• Village Idiot
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
Just picked one of these at my Costco last night. Wanted to finally reup our card and check to see if they had any left, they still had a pile so I got one :grin: For 80 bucks real happy.
I have a old 1500 and I hated the fact the barometer was non adjustable and none of these read out tenths on the display but it always connected and worked so I was happy enough and it seemed pretty close.
New unit you can adjust everything, even the barometer =D> and I really like the color overlay display. I can read the thing from across the room now and the backlight is really bright, never could read my old one from more them my chair.
Been slowly tweaking it with the sensor mounted for the old one driving it and they are getting close to agreeing now.
I'll need to try the PC Connect next and drag up the new 5 in one and mount it but so far so good.

anything