Author Topic: Weather Underground WebCam Problem  (Read 4062 times)

Offline n4khq

Weather Underground WebCam Problem
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:01:13 AM »
I have been FTPing a Webcam photo to my Weather Underground personal weather station page. for several years. A few months ago the page started getting behind in webcam updates. Once a week or so, the registration would go inactive and the webcam would drop off my PWS. I would edit the webcam's registration and in 12 to 48 hours the photos would start updating but not every 5 minutes as I had it set. I was constantly getting an FTP failed error,  more than 4500+ connections to webcam.wunderground.com. Looking at the Weather Underground webcam map, it appeared that most everyone was having problems. Last week WU's PWSs have major problems and my PWS pages were down most of the week. For the last 2 weeks, I can't get my webcam active on the registration page. I edit the regulation, the site says if approved it will go active but only did it go active. When it was active, FTP failed and the webcam photos never appeared on my PWS. Anyone know what is going on with the webcam server? Thanks

Offline StormCapture

Re: Weather Underground WebCam Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:28:24 AM »
Well I guess this explains why I am having issues connecting to their server via FTP as on my end it has it isn’t known and that’s through a raspberry pi.

Last few weeks they were upgrading their servers and got patching security and some of the servers didn’t cooperate upon reboot so I would say the webcam servers were also in line. An email was sent out to PWS users about the issues.

Hopefully they will be back online soon but haven’t heard anything yet on the webcam issues

Offline n4khq

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:05:23 AM »
I read that url connections are not any better than FTP.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 11:08:10 AM »
My ftp uploads are being accepted, but not processed to my WU Web page. filename image.jpg and less than 150kb.  Raised a ticket with Wu, but still heard nothing back as yet.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 12:11:50 PM »
Mine is doing the same thing.    They did not turn them off as they said they were going to do. But, it looks like they ain't doing anything to insure it works.    I think they are hoping that everyone just gives up and turns them off.

Offline n4khq

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 02:40:28 PM »
Thanks for the info. I had not checked webcam FTP errors in the last couple of weeks. Mine is probably doing the same. I did notice one day last week my PWS was off line and the webcam was fairly current. The Webcam registration page says my webcam is not active. I assume that until I get me webcam active, no images will be posted. I have sent 5 or 6 emails to support but heard nothing.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »
Time to start spamming FB and Twitter accounts I think...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather