Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184160 times)

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #650 on: June 18, 2018, 05:07:17 PM »
Webcams are back online on their own page as well as the snapshot associated with the PWS.  All the images are there. I figured they would be, it was just something stopped in the host to view them.

The click under the weather cam on the PWS page for Wundermap isn't working right... it's been working fine. Poor guys, fix one thing and another gets broken. The error for the Wundermap is: Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS

I'll give them a day before writing it up and see if they get it going without prompting.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2018, 05:59:53 PM »
We re-launched the wundermap.  It uses some newer web technologies that might not work on older browsers. 

Which browser and browser version,  Operating System,  and OS version are you using

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2018, 08:22:42 PM »
One more time.

WU keeps denying my webcam. It worked until a few months ago.

KMNMINNE28. Robbinsdale Middle School.
url of pic  https://rms-weather.rdale.org/webcam.jpg
It is under the size limit. You are supposed to grab the image.

[-o<

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2018, 08:43:13 PM »
We re-launched the wundermap.  It uses some newer web technologies that might not work on older browsers. 

Which browser and browser version,  Operating System,  and OS version are you using

It's not working on Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) which is the current build. It is working on Netscape. Sorry that I didn't check Netscape earlier, that would have been more useful.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #654 on: June 18, 2018, 08:51:37 PM »
It's not working on Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) which is the current build. It is working on Netscape. Sorry that I didn't check Netscape earlier, that would have been more useful.

I'm on the same rev of Chrome. Can you verify that the check box for cameras is checked when you arrive on the page?  My experience today is you have to check the box, it doesn't seem to be getting the flag set for that layer.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #655 on: June 18, 2018, 09:09:45 PM »
I'm not seeing a map, period, and there is the little error message up at the top: Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS

I'm not seeing weather stations, weather, terrain, anything. Just a blue background with a white grid. Doesn't seem to matter which boxes are checked.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #656 on: June 18, 2018, 09:21:48 PM »
The map works for me, but the icons are 5 MPH high on wind, and they do not update.

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #657 on: June 19, 2018, 07:45:21 AM »

Netscape?  Which version, the Phoenix?  Seriously, I had no idea that Netscape had been pulled from the scrap pile and....???

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #658 on: June 19, 2018, 11:47:54 AM »
The map works for me, but the icons are 5 MPH high on wind, and they do not update.

Thanks for the feedback

Unfortunately, icons will update less frequently now.  I'll ask to see if the refresh timer is still in there

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #659 on: June 19, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »
One more time.

[-o<
[/quote
Has any of the implied WU people even acknowledged any of you posts about your weathercam?

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline schmiernippel

« Reply #660 on: June 19, 2018, 01:08:41 PM »
My station and webcam are working fine now.Wundermap seems also to be smoother !

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #661 on: June 19, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »

Thanks for the feedback

Unfortunately, icons will update less frequently now.  I'll ask to see if the refresh timer is still in there

I can confirm the the map does not work in the latest version of Chrome ( 67.0.3396.87) "Error:Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS". It does work on the latest versions of Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #662 on: June 19, 2018, 02:44:14 PM »
One more time.

[-o<
[/quote
Has any of the implied WU people even acknowledged any of you posts about your weathercam?

Same issue with my webcam (KSCMYRTL2). It goes from "Waiting Approval" to "No". Worked fine for years.

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #663 on: June 19, 2018, 02:48:01 PM »
My station and webcam are working fine now.Wundermap seems also to be smoother !
Austria, eh?  I was in Austria for about a week years ago.  We made a trip by train to Budapest on the day of Hungary's first Independence Day.  As we passed the border cars were lined up for miles on the Hungarian side waiting to pass into Austria to celebrate.  #-o  Once we got to Budapest it was a ghost town.  :roll:  Nice camera shot you have.   How long have you been a WU member?

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline schmiernippel

« Reply #664 on: June 19, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
Austria, eh?  I was in Austria for about a week years ago.  We made a trip by train to Budapest on the day of Hungary's first Independence Day.  As we passed the border cars were lined up for miles on the Hungarian side waiting to pass into Austria to celebrate.  #-o  Once we got to Budapest it was a ghost town.  :roll:  Nice camera shot you have.   How long have you been a WU member?

On independence day there is always a lot of traffic on the border on the hungary side, but i dont know why, because beer is cheaper in hungary, not in austria...  :-P

I am on WU since 2015. My old android phone makes a good job as an webcam, no problems at all !

Offline PooreBoy

• My PWS
« Reply #665 on: June 19, 2018, 04:19:54 PM »
The maps are displaying fine on Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (OSX 10.13.4), Safari 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.4), and FireFox 60.0.2 (OSX 10.13.4).

Offline KD8DWO

• Frog pond
    • Wunderground History
« Reply #666 on: June 19, 2018, 06:46:37 PM »
I have finally stopped sending data to Wunderground.
Sunday, after having twenty some Accurite or netamo stations reporting temps ten to twenty degrees higher that ambient local to Bowling Green, Ohio, my Davis station was kicked off the site.
KOHBOWLI4.
My station is AU885 MADIS. CWOP KD8DWO.
I will not adjust my station to compensate for these poorly sited and manufactured stations.
Your continued hosting of stations that send bad data is a disgrace to the weather community, and the National weather service, that receives some of this data. 

Regards

Ken Nachtman

KD8DWO

KOHBOWLI4

Knacht

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #667 on: June 19, 2018, 07:00:29 PM »
One more time.

[-o<
[/quote

NO. Not for months. I know it is not a priority, but -------

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #668 on: June 19, 2018, 07:14:29 PM »
Hoping everyone's webcams are back up and running now.  Limited resources mean having to prioritize, PWS has been our focus lately. 

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #669 on: June 19, 2018, 08:05:57 PM »
I have finally stopped sending data to Wunderground.
Sunday, after having twenty some Accurite or netamo stations reporting temps ten to twenty degrees higher that ambient local to Bowling Green, Ohio, my Davis station was kicked off the site.
KOHBOWLI4.
My station is AU885 MADIS. CWOP KD8DWO.
I will not adjust my station to compensate for these poorly sited and manufactured stations.
Your continued hosting of stations that send bad data is a disgrace to the weather community, and the National weather service, that receives some of this data. 

I used to live in a valley that was around the hill from the river and over the hill from the bay in the city where I live, Coos Bay, Oregon. My station was routinely 10-15 degrees higher than the airport and all the stations along the river and bay. That's just how my micro climate was. Then I got removed from the map on Weather Underground one time (they were still accepting my data - I just wasn't on the map) I wrote them with a hand recorded history of the location and photographs of my manual thermometer. They never answered my emails but my station started showing up on the map again. I did not and would not adjust the output of either of my stations at that time. I didn't know that they would ask anyone to do so. I checked the accuracy and it was fine. It did not mean that the other stations were wrong, just in a different location and observing different side of the same weather I was.

Now, a couple years later, I can't figure out why after nearly two months of uninterrupted and accurate weather data from my brand new Davis station I haven't gotten the coveted "star". But that's another thing. I'm just happy my worn-out cheap weather station has now been replaced by one that I can trust.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #670 on: June 19, 2018, 08:15:24 PM »
I turned off all my chrome extensions and tried viewing the wundermap that way, still no joy. Upper left corner of the blue area that usually shows the map still reads, "Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS" I'll try a uninstall/reinstall of chrome next.

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #671 on: June 20, 2018, 08:51:00 AM »
Hoping everyone's webcams are back up and running now.  Limited resources mean having to prioritize, PWS has been our focus lately.

Mine is still changing from "Awaiting Approval" to "Active - No". When I edit and re-submit - same problem. Been this way for several months. (WU_54013CAM2) (KSCMYRTL2). The URL to the webcam is fine.

Thanks,

Chuck

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #672 on: June 20, 2018, 09:50:28 AM »
Unfortunately not mine. 
I too have been patient in getting PaulMyCAM1 to show up again on IONTARIO226.  After working great for many years it has not been Active for many months now.  I have edited the setup many times but always returns to Nohttp://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IONTARIO226

However on the good news side my Bloomsky PaulMyCAM4 IONTARIO1189 keeps on updating  http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IONTARIO1189

Not totally enjoying,
Paul

Offline gardengrub

• KNEVALPA2
« Reply #673 on: June 20, 2018, 10:15:24 AM »

I noticed that my webcam began functioning again yesterday.  It uses the URL method and had been offline since March 25.  Thanks.

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #674 on: June 20, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »
I get the same blank WunderMap with Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87, error "Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS" in the upper left. Lots of errors showing in developer tools. Left a message on the Trello board as well.

anything