Author Topic: My Fine Offset WH1080 in Vallirana, Spain  (Read 1799 times)

Offline elspinars

• Meteo Els Pinars - Vallirana
My Fine Offset WH1080 in Vallirana, Spain
« on: December 16, 2017, 09:21:38 AM »

The issue with having the station on a pole is that I have to unmount it every 3-4 months to clean it as spiders love to make their web in the rain sensor and any strong wind triggers a rain reading.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: My Fine Offset WH1080 in Vallirana, Spain
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »
I have one of these. It's an Excelvan branding WH-2310. I ran the phone lines down for the wind sensor as far as I could, then hooked the rain gauge to the solar pod and ran that down as close to the ground as I could as well. I will try to get a pic soon. I also would suggest shielding the solar shield for the thermometer with some plastic plates or a large upside down bowl. You would have to cut the center to fit over the stock shield.

Offline elspinars

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:38:31 AM »
I have one of these. It's an Excelvan branding WH-2310. I ran the phone lines down for the wind sensor as far as I could, then hooked the rain gauge to the solar pod and ran that down as close to the ground as I could as well. I will try to get a pic soon. I also would suggest shielding the solar shield for the thermometer with some plastic plates or a large upside down bowl. You would have to cut the center to fit over the stock shield.
The shielding of the thermometer seems a good idea too. Any pics/tutorial on how to do it ?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
  Here is what I did... I used bubble wrapped foil insulation that I had left over from insulating my attic access because it was easy to trim. I also painted the top of it white. This is a WH-2310