Author Topic: Random request  (Read 756 times)

Offline fsi1212

Random request
« on: March 26, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »
Hey all,
New to this forum. I'm a meteorology major currently, but even if I wasn't I would still love to collect and analyze data about weather. I have kind of a weird, yet intriguing search going. I already own an AcuRite 5 in 1, which gets me the basic data (temp, wind, rain, etc.), but I'm looking for a sensor suite that senses soil temp, soil moisture, UV, and maybe even outdoor CO2 levels. Now, here's the kicker. I'm looking for something that can run 24/7 like a personal weather station and still automatically upload the data to my PC. I'm not too concerned about uploading the data to Wunderground as I know it doesn't track history automagically. I am intrigued by the idea of BloomSky, simply for the fact that it has the HD camera as well as UV tracking. However, the reviews I read are on two very different ends. People either really like it or really hate it. As for the all the others, I don't mind if they are all separate devices and using separate software to track history, as my love for analyzing data dictates my unique interests. I'd love if you guys had any information regarding products I could look into.

As a side note: I'm not very good at soldering, building cards, etc. Not to mention I don't have a lot of time to build something like I've described (two kids under 2 years old, full time job, full time student), so I'm really looking for something that's already been built where I can just buy, plug, and play. The BloomSky is kind of like this, but I'm having trouble finding products with all my other interests. Thanks for any help and let me know if any of this is confusing at all and I'll try to clarify.