Author Topic: METAR not updating testtags  (Read 1058 times)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
METAR not updating testtags
« on: November 27, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
Hello, I have noticed that my testtags.txt is not being updated in my testtags.php

Are there new tags that are being used to parse the METAR data in the testtags or a setting I might be missing? I have looked everywhere and it appears to be ok. METAR is being download to a metar.txt just fine as well as producing a .gif so I know it is downloading it. Not sure why my testtags are not being populated with the data.

-Thanks

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
Re: METAR not updating testtags
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 02:46:38 PM »
Well it appears I have stumbled on something again. I am not sure if this is by design and there is another way or if this is just not a well thought out process. I am leaning towards the later.

So in the newer versions of WD there is the nifty box that you can tick to have it upload your testtags.txt as testtags.php so you do not have to do the manual setup process. Great, that will simplifies things.

Except, the above doesn't take into account the additional settings you can have when you do it with the old method of through the Custom Web Page tab. If you notice in the screenshot below. There is a little check box that says "Enable downloaded airport METAR data for custom tags".

This seems to be a little redundant and completely nullifies the simplicity of the feature listed in the first screenshot if you cannot have these option listed for the old way unless you upload through two separate testtags options or disable the simplified method and only use the old way. Is that correct?

So is there something I am missing or is there another way to upload METAR data to the testtags using the simplified version   

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:48:33 PM by MesquiteWx »

anything