Author Topic: WMR200 Rain Gauge - missing signal after reset  (Read 6464 times)

Offline WdW

WMR200 Rain Gauge - missing signal after reset
« on: May 21, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
WMR 200 has been working fine with all sensors. Changed batteries on rain gauge (behind the irritating 8 screws), reset - and cannot regain connection with console.

No matter what I do: have been up to the roof a number of times (sited on flat roof), but no matter how many times I reset sensor or console, no luck. Distance between sensor & console is no more than 5 meters, through one brick all. It has been working fine for months - it's only since the change of batteries and subsequent reset.

I now have the sensor and console in the same room, direct line of vision, 4 meters apart. But still no luck. Is there a simple way to see IF the sensor is actually transmitting? The console seems to be okay, as it displays readings from anemometer cluster on mast 5 meters up.

Any suggestions welcome ... please.

Willem
Richards Bay, South Africa

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WMR200 Rain Gauge - missing signal after reset
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Willem.  Sorry, I can't be of help with your problem but others with the same equipment should be able to assist.

Paul

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
I wish I had some "magic" to lay on you, but I don't, for some reason OS wireless units are notoriously flaky. I decided today was the day to put new bats in the anemometer and the rain gauge as the rainy season will start in a couple weeks. I replaced batteries in both, reset both and came back down to check results. I have both a 200 and a 100, the 100 had picked up the sensors already, the 200 needed to "rescan" the sensors, but picked up both units.

About a year ago my rain gauge failed just like yours during a battery change, I replaced it. I see by your note on the 8 micro screws you have the old design, the new one has a tab release - - - good grief, as I typed that I just realized I didn't put the battery case door back on - oh boy, thought I was done for the day, oh well, what's one more trip to the roof, I've almost lived up there this week putting in a new sat dish, aligning it "manually, alone" etc.

Try another reset and then have the 200 scan for sensors and if that fails, try totally powering down the 200 for 10-15 minutes and then reset everything and see if it picks it up.

Good luck, I'm headed for the roof - darn!

Offline phil2010

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »
My rain gauge has 2 screws you need to undo to get to the batts, that came with my WMR80??
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:18:32 PM by phil2010 »

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »
Interesting, the one with the clip latch was a replacement I bought last July. The one that came with the 200 last Oct is the old 8 screw type which I had put on the shelf for futures, I hope I never have to use it, with the 8 little screws you are almost guaranteed to drop one while up on the roof, or a ladder etc.

Offline phil2010

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:14:48 PM »
Interesting, the one with the clip latch was a replacement I bought last July. The one that came with the 200 last Oct is the old 8 screw type which I had put on the shelf for futures, I hope I never have to use it, with the 8 little screws you are almost guaranteed to drop one while up on the roof, or a ladder etc.

You would of thought they would design all the screws for sensors so they dont totally come out.

Offline cgb

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 11:49:41 AM »
I have the same problem since April. My first WMR200 did not correctly timestamp data for uploading, and it took nearly a year of work with five different software programs to be certain the machine was faulty. But it did pick up rain gauge and UV sensor data. The replacement WMR200 does timestamp data and interfaces well with Weather Display, but is not picking up the UV or rain gauge. I've tried new batteries and resetting each, twice, with no success. It does upload correctly once a week, but only with data from the console and the mast. Mine is the 8screws version mounted next to the mast and it worked fine until I changed the base unit . . .  Will try the total powerdown and fully reset everything. Thanks, stevebrtx.
Good luck to you, Willem!

anything