Author Topic: foscam wireless ip camera  (Read 15011 times)

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
foscam wireless ip camera
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
I'm using Image Salsa with my new Foscam wireless IP camera. I need to find out the url to my web image to enter into IS (and where would I enter this?). I know the ip address.
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: foscam wireless ip camera
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:09:52 AM »
try this but sub your IP for mine.  this is what I use for my WD image and it works fine.     I have foscams all over this place...

http://192.168.0.32:8096/snapshot.cgi?user=admin&pwd=&resolution=32

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »
That worked, thanks Aardvark :-)
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
All of these are IP cameras.  I use Blue Iris for monitoring all of them, but have not been greatly happy with it, just me.   Image Salsa  I'll give a lookie at.

What are your disappointments with Blue Iris based on?

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 01:50:59 PM »
It isn't the program, it is my resources.  I have 8 Gigs ram,  Intel Core 5.  I am running Weather Display, plus the icloud plug in for outlook,plus Mozy,plus the dyndns updater (My IP address changes frequently for some reason, Century Link is doing it) and all the other things I do.

Having it running 24/7  cuts the resources down and my machine slows greatly.  So I can't leave it on all the time.  Other than that, it is a pretty nifty piece of software .  I purchased a second copy for my wife's machine.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. I bought it after reading the mentions in another thread and have been pretty pleased with it. I have mine running on an old GX-620 Dell with a 3GHz Pentium 4 and 2 gig of ram to run 2 C610s and 1 9000Pro. I also run VM95 and 3 Oly C4000s on that as well but nothing else.

I can understand the resource problem. I had to cut down on a lot for the 3 Logitechs to keep it under 70%. I've been thinking about a full second license as well which is why I was curious about your comment.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline vinesweather

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vines Weather
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 04:09:40 AM »
Hi Guys

Go a new Foscam and I have put this in the source URL:http://192.168.15.28:8080/snapshot.cgi?user=admin&pwd=&resolution=32

No go.

Any help would be great.
Cheers

Chris

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »
The 192 address is for inside your network and is not accessible to the outside world. Go to www.whatsmyip.com to see the real world ip address of your network. It will probably start with 98. or something close. Looks like you have forwarded the cameras IP address to port 8080. However the 192 address is forwarded 'invisibly' . The camera's address is actually the 98.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 that you got from www.whatsmyip.com and not the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx address. Did the camera provide you with an address at myfoscam.org ? That would be easier to use.

Offline vinesweather

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vines Weather
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:30 PM »
Many thanks. Didn't realise that. Couldn't find anything under myfoscam.org but got it working now.

Thanks again.

Chris

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »
My Foscam has a unique ID of ah2223. I set a fixed IP in the of 192.168.1.9 and forwarded that to port 80. Apparently this automatically connects it to the Foscam dyndns site of myfoscam.org. So if you go to ah2223.myfoscam.org and login using   guest    guest     and select Server Push   you can see my neighborhood.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:39:52 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline vinesweather

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vines Weather
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »
Yeah I think I have the same sort of thing set up.
http://tpweather.dyndns.org/ guest    guest

Offline Dan T.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 09:47:50 PM »

I'm using Image Salsa with my new Foscam wireless IP camera. I need to find out the url to my web image to enter into IS (and where would I enter this?). I know the ip address.
try this but sub your IP for mine.  this is what I use for my WD image and it works fine.     I have foscams all over this place...

http://192.168.0.32:8096/snapshot.cgi?user=admin&pwd=&resolution=32

Ok, I too have a new Foscam wireless ip camera I would like to get into ImageSalsa and MovieSalsa to create time lapse movies. Where in IS do you put http address? I have version 2.0.13 of IS and have setup the Foscam cameras to work wirelessly within the LAN and remotely using the Foscam domain name. Is it even possible to get a wireless ip camera in ImageSalsa? Although I just bought IS a few months ago, is there any other software that would work better and is supported by the author? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

anything