Author Topic: Henkka's Euroblitz Script  (Read 16048 times)

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Henkka's Euroblitz Script
« on: October 17, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »
If you've not looked at this neat script on the BT main forum, give it a glance. This thing is sweet, compact, fast, and displays a lot of basic info fast and easy...
Mine's developing at http://ourspecial.net/twinhollies/weathercenter/showblitz/.

A caveat: It's HTML 5, uses GIS overlays, with SVG's so older browsers won't stand a chance. IE 10 works ok, as does Android... IE 8 is dead in the water, and I suspect IE 9 would have issues.

I plan to use it as a 'quick glance' associated with Tobi's 'MyBlitzortung'  :roll: when I get it going well at the main site.

Cheers!

Mike

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
Re: Henkka's Euroblitz Script
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:00:14 AM »
Wow!
Great work  =D>

Is it possible to share this script?
Regards,

Alessandro

Online Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:02:56 AM »
Hi Alessandro,

The script is free to registered users on the main Blitzortung.org forum. Pretty easy to install. One minor issue is getting the paths correct for the cache and report paths and making sure to the set the correct permissions on the folders.

John

You can see mine here.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:11:30 AM »
Hi Alessandro,

The script is free to registered users on the main Blitzortung.org forum. Pretty easy to install. One minor issue is getting the paths correct for the cache and report paths and making sure to the set the correct permissions on the folders.

John

You can see mine here.

Mike, John....

Very nice! I guess I'll have to try and do this.

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
Hi Alessandro,

John

You can see mine here.

Do you have any control over 'Timelapse' and 'Video Archive'?  They currently show Nordic maps, not yours.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 10:28:22 AM »

Do you have any control over 'Timelapse' and 'Video Archive'?  They currently show Nordic maps, not yours.
Ain't figured that out, yet.  :roll: 
And probably won't fool with it...("MyBlitzortung" has similar animation... probably will just stay with that, for now, linking to it).
The script calls many resources, including the Droid fonts and SVG layering, from Henkka's server...
If you'll look back at my page, I've just removed the functions from the scripts and nav tabs, "commented out" the code, for now. You'll also see I've made a handful of slight mods to suit me or experiment... and more coming, I think...

BTW: Haven't figured this out yet, either.... two or more browser sessions from the same IP (???) or two or more windows in the same browser (???) really mess up the updating... maybe because I direct my site through a proxy, or maybe inherent in the script... ah well, most people aren't going to open the page 2 or more times concurrently...

Lordy, this is fun, ain't it? ](*,)

Mike

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »

And probably won't fool with it...("MyBlitzortung" has similar animation... probably will just stay with that, for now, linking to it).
The script calls many resources, including the Droid fonts and SVG layering, from Henkka's server...
If you'll look back at my page, I've just removed the functions from the scripts and nav tabs, "commented out" the code, for now. You'll also see I've made a handful of slight mods to suit me or experiment... and more coming, I think...

BTW: Haven't figured this out yet, either.... two or more browser sessions from the same IP (???) or two or more windows in the same browser (???) really mess up the updating... maybe because I direct my site through a proxy, or maybe inherent in the script... ah well, most people aren't going to open the page 2 or more times concurrently...

Mike
For comparison, as of the time this is posted:
John has a (more or less) 'raw' version here: http://sacrey.info/bo/bo_webpage.php
and this page has the current 'modded' version I refer to above http://ourspecial.net/twinhollies/weathercenter/showblitz/

I'd compare quickly, knowing John, he'll produce a masterpiece overnight. #-o complete with audio, real raindrops falling off your monitor, and Tesla coil streaming to take out your wall warts....

Mike

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »

Mike
John has a (more or less) 'raw' version here: http://sacrey.info/bo/bo_webpage.php
and this page has the current 'modded' version I refer to above http://ourspecial.net/twinhollies/weathercenter/showblitz/

I'd compare quickly, knowing John, he'll produce a masterpiece overnight. #-o complete with audio, real raindrops falling off your monitor, and Tesla coil streaming to take out your wall warts....

Mike

Mike, You're right about John..... However, it's Friday so he make take an extra day to stay out of the doghouse!

Joe
WeatherLink Live

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »
In the blitzortung.org private forum (look for the 'Euroblitz' thread) about this script, Henkka indicated that updating the database via a chron job every minute would give the best results.  I could probably set this up via Curl and System Scheduler, but I'm wondering when GoDaddy will decide I'm abusing their servers and give me a warning, since I have many other Curl/Cron jobs running as well.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Online Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »

Mike

Mike

Mike, You're right about John..... However, it's Friday so he make take an extra day to stay out of the doghouse!

Joe

Haha guys. Very funny. It doesn't come complete with audio, real raindrops falling off your monitor, and Tesla coil streaming to take out your wall warts, but it is about complete. Masterpiece?  I don't think so.

EuroBlitz Lightning Map
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 09:12:48 PM »
Hey Mike..... Isn't it true that Masterpieces aren't masterpieces until the creator is gone. He's so humble.

:lol:  :lol:

All kidding aside... Great job!

Joe
WeatherLink Live

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
Hi guys,
finally i've got this script.
I've installed it here: http://www.meteocarmignano.it/wxmybo.php  \:D/

As i said on Internal Forum i've noticed three bit issues.

Mainwidth function
It doesn't work properly because if i set 820px or 750px the main map remains 875px.

24h Lightnings strikes graph.
I don't know why but it repeats the hours....1am double, 2am double  ecc.ecc.
Any ideas?

Black area below Blitzorung strikes graph
I've a big area below map totally black....on yours map it's correct.
What's wrong?

Thanks another time for your patience  :oops:
Regards,

Alessandro
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:13:44 AM by i_fiorentino »

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 08:10:59 AM »
Hi Folks :)

I found the issue when played on your page with the Firefox "Inspect element"  :grin:
bo.css, line 44 (#nexnote), remove "clear:both;"

I have seen it before but it has allways fixed by itself here. Not sure why it happens.

Mainwidth function
Nope. But will be added  :lol:

Videos/timelapses...
As those are generated on my server will other areas not be added else than probably some European area.
But, the urls to the videos/timelapse-images are relatively easily chnaged so if someone provides US-versions can they be added.  ;)

// Henkka

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 04:32:49 PM »
Hi Folks :)

I found the issue when played on your page with the Firefox "Inspect element"  :grin:
bo.css, line 44 (#nexnote), remove "clear:both;"

I have seen it before but it has allways fixed by itself here. Not sure why it happens.

Mainwidth function
Nope. But will be added  :lol:

Videos/timelapses...
As those are generated on my server will other areas not be added else than probably some European area.
But, the urls to the videos/timelapse-images are relatively easily chnaged so if someone provides US-versions can they be added.  ;)

// Henkka

Thanks Henkka!
Point one fixed!
Point two not fixed yet.
Point three, i'll wait your update :)
Regards,

Alessandro

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 07:32:46 AM »
I also struggled with the issue of 'clear:both' leaving extra black space at the bottom like Alessandro experienced.  Things didn't come together for me until I created a separate database (like the instructions said) rather than adding the tables to an existing database.  After that it was fairly easy to create a Saratoga-templated version that has the additional benefit of using different display sizes depending upon whether widescreen is toggled on or off.  I created a copy of 'bo.php' in my 'BO' directory called 'wxbo.php' that does the heavy lifting.  Rather than trying to modify paths to point to the /BO/css and /BO/js directories in the templated version I got lazy and just copied these two directories to my site's root, which is where 'wxbo.php' was looking for them.

The results can be seen here.  Set 'Widescreen On' in the lower left to see a much larger map than I've squeezed into the narrow template.  (The database as of now hasn't populated a full 24 hours' set of strikes yet, but that will happen this morning.)  The 'Statistics' <pre> needed a new 'rem' font-size adjustment in order to shrink and expand with the width changes.  It's supported by the latest major browser versions, IE, Chrome, FF, and Safari, which are necessary to display this script-set anyway.

Thanks, Henkka, for a great set of scripts!
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
Loading Indicator
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »
Wanted a loading indicator while maps loaded, instead of that big black square... tells folks something's happening while page loads....
bo.php
Down about line 380

Code: [Select]
'.SETCENTERINFO.'
<div id="coordsmap" style="width:400px;height:400px;margin-top:5px;"></div>
<div id="coordsmapcoord"></div>
</div>
</div><!--EOF wrapper-->

Change to something similar to this, using the HTML 5 "progress" tag:
Code: [Select]
'.SETCENTERINFO.'
<div id="coordsmap" style="width:400px;height:400px;margin-top:5px;"></div>
<div id="coordsmapcoord"></div>
</div>
<div style="padding-top:150px;padding-left:350px;color:#eaeaea"><progress></progress><br />&nbsp;&nbsp;   Loading&nbsp;   Map&nbsp;   Data</div>
</div><!--EOF wrapper-->
When map loads, will hide the added div...  bar appearance varies from browser to browser, and I may style it later, but right now :D !!!

Somebody may have a neater way, but this works for me...  :wink:

Mike

Offline scarecrow93

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 06:22:09 PM »
This is an awesome script!

I've done some heavy modding in the last couple of days to the scripts in order to include the data that I look at to see how my station is doing.

http://www.weathergeek.org/lightning/bo_webpage.php

I have a couple of other things on my plate before I can get serious into the software.  I haven't installed the Saratoga templates onto my site yet (on the to do list).  I just wanted to see what I could do with these scripts.  Great job Henkka!
~Lance
#724 - Huntingtown, MD(Aug 2013 - Feb 2014)
Owings, MD(Feb 2014 - Feb 2015)
Annapolis, MD(Late Feb 2015)

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
Just a 'Heads Up' for users of Henkka's Euroblitz Script:  The copyright date is hardcoded  in wxbo.php as
'<div id="attribution">&copy; 2013 '.$trackername.'. <span id="wrfTxt"></span><span id="radarTxt"></span></div>'.
This can be changed to
'<div id="attribution">&copy;'.date("Y").' '.$trackername.'. <span id="wrfTxt"></span><span id="radarTxt"></span></div>'
in order to use the current year for the copyright.  Or
'<div id="attribution">&copy;2013-'.date("Y").' '.$trackername.'. <span id="wrfTxt"></span><span id="radarTxt"></span></div>'
if you prefer.  For some reason Henkka included a space after © which isn't how I usually see it written, so I deleted it.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 05:52:49 PM »
After picking through the various threads here, I was able to get the script working today.
Had some trouble with the path definitions, and the map was missing until I set
$jqueryload = true; # Load JQuery? (False if your site loads it by default).

My remaining question is what do I do with this for the US?

Quote:# LOCAL TIMESLIDER
    # Available: finsouth (South Finland), finnorth (North Finland), dkse (Denmark + South Sweden)
    $timelapsemap = "finsouth";

This is really great and I will now proceed to integrate it into my website. Many thanks for the script and other contributors with the helpful posts.

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
    • K3JAE's Weather Station
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 03:52:34 AM »
OK, I am totally lost.

Looked for the script on the forum and cannot locate. Can someone point to me where the downloadable script package is located please??

I joined the forum, there is very little there unless I missed it. I checked the various links at top. I see they offer a lightening board but have no idea how to get even that... ??  ](*,)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:57:06 AM by K3JAE »

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:20 AM »
OK, I am totally lost.

Looked for the script on the forum and cannot locate. Can someone point to me where the downloadable script package is located please??

I joined the forum, there is very little there unless I missed it. I checked the various links at top. I see they offer a lightening board but have no idea how to get even that... ??  ](*,)
It's in the Internal Forum, members only. Hennka has a non-public link to the script at nordicweather.net
The topic title is  "EuroBlitz - script for showing data on the website"
If you're logged in:
http://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=260
I noticed a glitch last night in the forum that was causing the pages to not load correctly... may have contributed to your confusion...
The 'internal forum' has lots and lots of stuff, but it does not display for non-logged in. The public forum is new.
Mike

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 07:41:28 AM »
OK, I am totally lost.

I joined the forum, there is very little there unless I missed it. I checked the various links at top. I see they offer a lightening board but have no idea how to get even that... ??  ](*,)
It's in the Internal Forum, members only. Hennka has a non-public link to the script at nordicweather.net
The topic title is  "EuroBlitz - script for showing data on the website"
If you're logged in:
http://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=260
I noticed a glitch last night in the forum that was causing the pages to not load correctly... may have contributed to your confusion...
The 'internal forum' has lots and lots of stuff, but it does not display for non-logged in. The public forum is new.
Mike

The script is for operating Blitzortung stations. It's not a "public info" script, credentials are only for active stations.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »
Mine is up and running.
See http://www.miraculon.net/henkka.html
I would appreciate a hint on how to eliminate the "Timelapse" button so that it doesn't show Finland. John Sacrey and Cutty, it seems like you did this. How?

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:29 PM »
Mine is up and running.
See http://www.miraculon.net/henkka.html
I would appreciate a hint on how to eliminate the "Timelapse" button so that it doesn't show Finland. John Sacrey and Cutty, it seems like you did this. How?

Greg
Ahem..  #-o I sent you a pm... truth is, I don't remember how right now...  I do remember flushing it, just cannot recall for sure unless it was in that added css line I PM'd you...  :cry:  I can't even remember where it displayed...
When you figure it out, let me know, will you?  :oops:

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 11:19:25 PM »
Mike, et al,

I notice that most of you still show the overlapping numbers on the graph. There is an apparent fix for this on the non-public forum. The link to that post follows:

Mike, I like your progress meter while loading the map - looks great. Some day I'll get all of my "round tuits" completed...  ;)
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

anything