Author Topic: How Do I set my "LOGIN" to go directly to my favorite forum  (Read 1295 times)

Offline oldman43

How Do I set my "LOGIN" to go directly to my favorite forum
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:20:20 AM »
When I log in, I am automatically directed to the WXForum home page.  How do I get the login to go automatically to the Acurite Hardware Page?

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: How Do I set my "LOGIN" to go directly to my favorite forum
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
When I log in, I am automatically directed to the WXForum home page.  How do I get the login to go automatically to the Acurite Hardware Page?

Well, you are apparently not aware that the "World" revolves around the WXFORUM!  :-P

But seriously, I think we need a bit more information than you have given in your post. What do you mean by "log in"? Do you mean when you start-up your computer or is it when you start-up your web browser, or ...???

I am going to guess that you are referring to what happens when you start-up your web browser. Most browsers allow you to set a specific URL (web address) as the default home page. Each browser does this differently so we need to know more about your configuration and what browser you are using. Then, we may be able give you more help.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »
Well first you have to set the forum to always stay logged in.  And then use this in your favorites or bookmarks and it will will work. 

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=107.0

But I prefer to use  this      Show unread posts since last visit.

Offline oldman43

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »
Thanks guys.  I think that I probably misstated the question.  I use RoboForm to store all my sites and passwords.  When I want to go to a given site, I usually just click on my RoboForm link.  It logs me in and takes me to the page that I want.  However, with this site, RoboForm takes me to the home page no matter how I try to enter the data.

I tried using that feature "Quick Link/Login" just below the username and cant figure out how to get that to work.

Thanks for your efforts though
Bob

anything