Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

WL Error 32

(1/3) > >>

DAVE Z:
Does anyone know what an "Error 32" message is in Weatherlink? I set my Weatherlink to upload the current months WLK file to a folder on my website as a way of backing it up daily but my upload log reports an Ftp error 32.

dalecoy:
Post the entire error message from the log.  That might give us a clue.

Oh, and did this every work?  Or is it a new setup?

DAVE Z:
This is a new setup which has never worked. I did not get all of the text on the screenshot. The sentence said "Weatherlink will reset the FTP connection and try again."

johnd:
Don't know whether this is stating the obvious or not, but clearly looks like some sort of issue or incompatibility with your FTP upload. The one thing you can try is toggling passive mode in the Internet connection Settings screen (ie set to on if currently off or vice versa). If this doesn't help then:

1. Can you FTP the wlk file manually with an FTP client like Filezilla? If not then troubleshoot what's wrong.

2. Are you sure that the remote /wlk folder does already exist?

3. Is there a different remote FTP target you could use, ie on a different server with different FTP options?

4. As an alternative try copying the wlk file to a folder on a different device (if you have one) in the local file system

DAVE Z:
I worked on the issue some more and found out the WL FTP upload will not upload a WLK file. It will upload  a text file. It will upload a WLK file IF I change the extension to txt first. But if I leave the WLK extension in place I get an error 32.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version