Weather Software > What Weather Software should I use/buy?

Temp monitors for fridge, freezer atic etc

(1/5) > >>

Tazz 316:
I've been looking for a way to monitor temps in my fridge, freezer attic, crawl space etc that logs high/lows that can send me a alert if it goes to a pre-set temp but there is no product to do so, sure i have a davis VP2 but when the extra sensors cost $150 plus and still can't alert you.

I've tryed samsung smartthings they have temp senors for only $20 but they only show the current temp no low/high no logs.

Then there is a product called SensorPush looks like it will do what i want but each sensor is $50 plus a $100 hub.

I've had issues with frozen pipes and just last week my freezer stopped working and i didn't know.

WeatherHost:
I picked up a couple of cheap $5 or so things.  I have one on my fridge and another on my deep freeze.  The unit has a magnet for metal surfaces or you can use a screw.  There is a wired probe that goes into whatever space.  It doesn't keep a running log, but it does record high and low.  It has an audible beeper/tone for alarm points you can set, but it doesn't send anything anywhere.

WeatherHost:
Old thread on them:  http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=32374.msg326594#msg326594

galfert:
Since you already have a VP2 you don't need a replacement complete weather station like the WS-2000 that can accommodate 8 additional sensors. But what I can recommend is the WS-3000 as that is just a console with up to 8 remote sensors (no anemometer, no rain gauge). The console reports to ambientweather.net for free and logs all sensors. The console also has neat graphs and its own logs too.

Tazz 316:

--- Quote from: galfert on November 29, 2018, 08:32:25 PM ---Since you already have a VP2 you don't need a replacement complete weather station like the WS-2000 that can accommodate 8 additional sensors. But what I can recommend is the WS-3000 as that is just a console with up to 8 remote sensors. The console reports to ambientweather.net for free and logs all sensors. The console also has neat graphs and its own logs too.

--- End quote ---

I had that when it came out it never worked right, the screen on the display would just blink.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version