Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

[Weatherlink] Can't download data by web download

(1/1)

sheldon:
Hi guys,

I'm a Weatherlink IP user and from when I have upgraded to Weatherlink 2.0 I can't download data by using TCP/IP web download method (see attached screenshot) anymore, while the "local devide ID" method works fine. In particular, when I try to start the download, I receive the message "no new data to download".
Now, the problem is that with web download I had more memory space and so I could make the download occasionally.
Did Davis deactivate this possibility with the 2.0 upgrade, or there is a way to make the web download?
PS the weatherlink software version I use is 6.0.3.
Thank you

johnd:
@Sheldon: Presumably you've tried the option of using the logger DID as the station name in the Web Download settings, as is always necessary on the 2.0 platform.

If you wanted to download Weatherlink v6.0.4 then it makes this step a little more obvious, but v604 is not necessary for the download to work.

Mattk:
Change the old V1 username to the MAC address of the WLIP, use your V2 account password and all will work as before.

sheldon:

--- Quote from: johnd on October 15, 2018, 03:50:40 AM ---@Sheldon: Presumably you've tried the option of using the logger DID as the station name in the Web Download settings, as is always necessary on the 2.0 platform.

If you wanted to download Weatherlink v6.0.4 then it makes this step a little more obvious, but v604 is not necessary for the download to work.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mattk on October 15, 2018, 05:39:19 AM ---Change the old V1 username to the MAC address of the WLIP, use your V2 account password and all will work as before.

--- End quote ---

thank you very much! I changed the user name to the DID and worked great! =D> =D>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version